94 gsxr 750 exhaust on an 83 1100?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

94 gsxr 750 exhaust on an 83 1100?

Basically like the title says, i have access to a gsxr exhaust for cheap, but i don't know if it would fit on an 83 1100E. Any thoughts?

I have heard it is possible with some modification. Certainly not a bolt on deal, or I would know about it. PM a member named katman, he has put almost everything GSXR on a GS mill at some point or another, and would likely know.
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Unfortunately you probably won't be able to use that exhaust. All GSXR's from '93 on up are water cooled. That means the cylinder spacing is different from the GS. So carbs won't fit, exhaust won't fit. However if you're looking for newer vintage parts Bandit 1200, and I think 600, stuff should fit as they are oil/air cooled, although I'm not sure about the type of collars used to bolt the headpipes to the head. Bolt spacing may be different.

Comment

Won't work without a hassle. The spacing on the outer ports is too narrow, and the whole thing sits too close to the engine. I have full stainless yosh race system sitting in my friend's garage, just sitting there, looking pretty for that reason. GRRRRR.

It could be made to work, but it would be quite an ordeal if you did it yourself, and expensive if you had someone else do it.

If you want an inexpensive system, the vance & hines systems are pretty popular for our bikes (ok, mines a 750) and can be had for new at around $300.

Comment

I got a 1994 1200 bandit exaust to fit on my 1979 gs 750. sounds awsome too i just cut off my collars on my old pipes and the ones off the bandit and welded the old to the new. worked great just measure the distence between the pipes and total ditance on all four and you should be fine. mine fit tight when putting them in but i just squeeze em and get um in the holes no problems yet.

Comment

Working...
          X