Andrews 2S cams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andrews 2S cams

So I've got a '78 GS1000 vintage race bike. It's got oversized Wiseco pistons, but stock head and cams. I've got a later model head with the bigger valves, that has been decked '040" and a set of Andrews 2S cams. The cams have .390 lift on both intake and exhaust with 274 degrees of duration on both. Do I need to run hi-po valve springs with these cams? Any recommendations as to what type and where to get them? Any degreeing advice on these? Andrews no longer makes these Suzuki cams, but they are similar to a Web Cam 110 grind. Thanks in advance. Tracy

According to this the stock springs are fine. The document has the timming and valve lash. I would definately check for piston clearance.

Comment

Originally posted by triffecpa
      So I've got a '78 GS1000 vintage race bike. It's got oversized Wiseco pistons, but stock head and cams. I've got a later model head with the bigger valves, that has been decked '040" and a set of Andrews 2S cams. The cams have .390 lift on both intake and exhaust with 274 degrees of duration on both. Do I need to run hi-po valve springs with these cams? Any recommendations as to what type and where to get them? Any degreeing advice on these? Andrews no longer makes these Suzuki cams, but they are similar to a Web Cam 110 grind. Thanks in advance. Tracy
      If you need springs go here...Jay is a great guy and will take good care of you.

http://gszone.biz/cams.html
      EULC ON

Comment

Kaiser - Thanks. I found the same page and failed to read the small print.

GSBill - The link that you have there doesn't seem to have any 8 valve Suzuki stuff.

TR

Comment

Call Jay and ask...
          EULC ON

Comment

heavy duty valve springs are cheap motor insurance . If the head is coming apart I would get them. You never know when your going to miss a shift and you don't want your valves floating.

Comment

Working...
            X