Whats your goals for this summer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats your goals for this summer?

Every year after I started toying with the idea of riding again, I try and start the new year by setting some goals. The first year I took the JD bike out my goal was not to blow any parts up and break all my old records when I was a kid. This went smooth as I was only runnin mid 10's 130s back then. But I was close to 230 pounds. I was maybe 180 when I used to ride.

Last year I was trying to get over the 150 mph hump and get my weight under 210. I got close to 210 and fell short running just over 145(146 and change) . Mostly driver, tuner, lack of time problems.

So before they laugh me out of the track for those high 9 second passes I have been running, I plan to nail those nose diving 2 second 60' times get my weight under 200 and take the old girl to 170. I just started getting the clutch figured out last summer. Nothing like a car tire to test your tuning let me tell you. Over the winter I managed to get a few more pounds off. With the 1150 head, the big E compressor, new Web cams and 8 more pounds of boost she should sail very nicely.

lets see, tune my dads 10" tire bike to some 7.1's or better @190 plus, and qualify my no bar bike in outlaw pro street, both of those goals are in reach i think....richie

Comment

That's fast! I think the quickest my bike ever ran was in the mid 8.20s with the previous owner. If it ever saw the 7's with my weight it might come apart.

Comment

I hunted around DB.com and could not find any Richies in the outlaw prostreet class. Post some pictures of that bike of yours. Your dads too.

Comment

goals

Ride,Ride,Ride.

Comment

use plenty of sun block

Comment

its still under construction, should be ready soon to test on motor....heres my dads bike

look under q-32 qualifying for may, july, or august for MIR and look fo rich cammock its there...didnt get it straightened out until sept ran a 7.32@184 and a 7.31@165 shutting off...best it ran at MIR was 7.41 i think...richie

Comment

I checked all the months posted under the outlaw class. They only show the final qualifying order. I tried a general search on the name and found something at peerpressureracing.org, but it's a dead link.

"Racers Corner. Congrats TO. Rich Cammock & Sons. Qualified #1 in the MIR. QUICK 32 with a run in the 7.40's This is the bike for SALE on This page."

Is Rich your dad? Great looking bike he's got!

Comment

Originally posted by tracy borchert
                  Ride,Ride,Ride.
                  What he said

Comment

yep thats my dad..the bike was for sale over the summer for a while, thanks for the compliments, you should make a trim to MIR this summer, those are the best races out there, ts deffinetly the best series....richie

Comment

thats the july one...its under q- 32.... richie

Comment

Originally posted by Richie
                        yep thats my dad..the bike was for sale over the summer for a while, thanks for the compliments, you should make a trim to MIR this summer, those are the best races out there, ts deffinetly the best series....richie
                        Those are some fast speeds they turn. If you don't mind my asking, what age are you and when did your dad put you on a bike?

The kid is 17 I think this year. Last year we had him running a small tire bike with the throttle stopped at about half way. He ran a best of 8.90 at 148 last year. I think the plan is to step him up a little more this year. I tried to keep my MPH above his all last summer but in the end I could not make up that last 2 MPH.

I signed up for another summer of pit crew jobs. My friends are sponcers this year up at Martin, so I don't think we will be on the road much. The costs to run ProStar were more than they were getting out of it I guess. We are one short in this picture. Left is the EMT that arrived first when Greg fell off last summer. Then the kid, very small at 16. Ran ProStar for 2 years prior to this picture. His father Doug. The bike is the Shark, car tire T/G class. I am the strange looking one on the bike.

The other bikes......

The Raptor

The Kaw

The Little Bike

Comment

man 8.90 @148 is stout! i just turned 20 and i first raced at age 17 running real slow i cant remeber, but then i stepped it up and made one pass with my bike @68" no bar, and a small motor went 9.31, i parked it all last year to make it into an outlaw bike, im 215lbs, but my brother is 130 and hes 17 now, i need a bunch of seat time on my bike but it wont take long for me to get it down...those are some nice bikes...i love top gas but i love no wheelie bars too....man if you guys just made it to one MIR the $$ they pay SMOKES pro star, plus its alot more fun, its a great enviroment....richie

Comment

I'm different than most people in regards to plans. I very rarely make them and even when they are made have trouble sticking to them. I am the best example of a fly by the seat of your pants type person your going to get. I'm completely impulsive, almost impossible to get a long term commitment from. There are exceptions but my hobby's fit really well into this description of me.

I may start out the season showing you my new GS1100 project bike and by the next time you stop in it's long gone and I'm working on my Harley.

That said, my plans for the summer are to have motorcycles and ride ride ride

Comment

Originally posted by Hoomgar
                              That said, my plans for the summer are to have motorcycles and ride ride ride
                              Yea, I hear ya.

Tyler started before he had his drivers license. We would go to ProStar and they would comment that he could run down the track over 100MPH, but couldn't ride a pit bike in the parking areas. I bet he is under 110 pounds with the gear on. I don't think I drove over 100 MPH until I was in my mid 20's. You kids are lucky. Now days you can blow the doors off my old turbo bike with a stock busa.

I like to watch the FB and Street Shootout bikes the best, of course after TF.

I think the main reason they wanted to sponcer the local track was to have some input on the payouts to try and draw more bikes (and snowmobiles). I think we had maybe 20 bikes or so last summer. This should help. Now we just need to win all the sponcership money back.

Comment

Working...
                              X