Dyna 2000 ignition ddk3-2 help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dyna 2000 ignition ddk3-2 help

i just purchace the dyna ignition billet crank trigger wheel, ignition module, with dual sensor crank wheel. i tried installing the crank trigger and the slots for the bolt holes do not line up and there is a (preasure swich on the bottom of the motor inside the ignition cover housing getting in the way.) It seems like the dual sensor crank trigger ( blue crank trigger) is too large a round
    and will not line up with any bolt holes on the motor. What is going on anyone experienced this before? This is a gs 750 motor 1983. i checked part numbers and application and everything is correct for my motor. i purchased
    this ignition through APE.

Dyna 2000 for 1983 750 motor

Dyna 2000 won't work on that engine. I have a 1983 GS750ES and tried the same upgrade with same results. Blue plate is too large, mounting holes don't line up and are the wrong number of screws and pressure switch is in the way. Only solutions that I could see was to have the existing plate modified or have a new plate made and move the sensors to the new plate. Alignment is important. I called the people at Dyna and asked if they had a different crank trigger plate and they didn't, also asked if I could just trigger the Dyna 2000 with the sensors that are in there currently and they said this would not work either. One other solution would be to modify the plate that is currently on the bike to accept the Dyna 2000 triggers, I think when I looked at this option, the center hole needed to be openned up so you can install the crank sensor on the end of the crank. If you have access to a machine shop, it can be made to work. Also, the pressure switch can be relocated and just plug the existing port.

MP

Comment

Dynatek's catalog shows the ignition fitting GS550/750/850 only up thru 1981. Where did you check to see it was correct for your bike?

As we sell these units, I'd like to understand if Dyna's info is correct or not.

Comment

Working...
      X