80 GS1100E Tire recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

80 GS1100E Tire recommendations

Hi, They no longer make Dunlop Sport Elites for this bike. What is everyone running?
    Al

Dunlop GT501.
    Very good tire, good wear, good in the rain.
    Priced pretty good if you look around
    Keith
    -------------------------------------------
    1980 GS1000S, blue and white
    2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

I am running a set of Perrelli Sport Demons. Great handling great looking and the price is not bad eather.

The Beast

Comment

I've used the Pirelli's and Metzeler LaserTec line. Metzeler's are about $20 more per tire, but I think I am going to go back to them. The Pirelli's were okay though and should be fine for most riders who want something sticky.

~Adam

Comment

Originally posted by AOD
          I've used the Pirelli's and Metzeler LaserTec line. Metzeler's are about $20 more per tire, but I think I am going to go back to them. The Pirelli's were okay though and should be fine for most riders who want something sticky.

~Adam
          I currently have Metzelers (Laser/Metronic) on mine, and am probably trying the Pirelli's this year (though I have no complaints about the Metz's)....just wondered what your impression was re. the Pirellis vs. the Metzelers?

Tony.
          '82 GS1100E

Comment

Michelin Macadam 50s. I have used these on the race track and street and they are fantastic.

Comment

For the limited mileage I've been able to put on my katana, the GT501 seems pretty good. The chassis is certainly the shortcoming, not the tire...

Comment

I was running the Dunlop's on mine before I got the Perelli's. The Dunlop's were good but with the new Perelli's it feels like I am riding on rails. I finally understand what the pro's mean when they say that tire's win the race. My only question at this time is how long they will last. I am 6'3" at 280 and like to ride hard. I will let everyone know when I have worn out this set.

The Beast

Comment

Working...
                X