Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want a new exhaust daddy, and I want it now!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want a new exhaust daddy, and I want it now!!!!

Hey guys, I have a 1983 750 es. She has a 4 into 1 Vance and Hines exhaust that sounds great and works lovely but for some reason I do not like it. I think that it is the popping that it makes when I downshift, plus it has about a nickel size hole in the bottom of it. I am wondering if there is any other exhaust from a more recently produced bike that I can adapt to mine. I honestly want to keep my headers but I would like to put a canister muffler on there instead. I like the look of the cannister muffler vs. the megaphgone type. I have a gsx750 engine in my shed, I am not sure what year it is but It looks a lot different from mine. Anyways it has most of the exhaust on it so maybe I can use this one? any input would be helpful...

Also, I just remembered to ask this. I talked to the dyna s people because I would like a new ignition to hopefully treat my flame throwing exhaust problem, but they said they do not have an application for my bike. Does anyone know who might?

Comment

treat the flame throwing exhaust problem? what the hell man, i'd kill for a cool problem like that! no really, good luck finding something, i'm sure you could talk to some people who build custom metrics, they might have some ideas, or know where you could get something?

Comment

Measure the size of the collector and purchase a "universal" canister to put on it.
        Dink

Comment

Popping on deceleration is caused by unburnt fuel in the exhaust system exploding. It does this when there is an air leak towards the front of the system, such as a loose flange or a hole in a header.

Perhaps the hole in the muffler is forward enough to cause popping on your bike. Fixing that hole might fix the popping.

Kim

Comment

Originally posted by morbidphil0622
            Hey guys, I have a 1983 750 es. She has a 4 into 1 Vance and Hines exhaust that sounds great and works lovely but for some reason I do not like it. I think that it is the popping that it makes when I downshift, plus it has about a nickel size hole in the bottom of it. I am wondering if there is any other exhaust from a more recently produced bike that I can adapt to mine. I honestly want to keep my headers but I would like to put a canister muffler on there instead. I like the look of the cannister muffler vs. the megaphgone type. I have a gsx750 engine in my shed, I am not sure what year it is but It looks a lot different from mine. Anyways it has most of the exhaust on it so maybe I can use this one? any input would be helpful...
            Heres how I fabbed my custom D&D system for my 1100E:

Comment

Sounds lean, richen it up down low and keep the pipe.

Comment

Not to sound completley stupid (which I will) but how do I richen the mixture. I am a bit new to non fuel injected bikes... This is something that I should really know..

Comment

if its popping on just decel, richen up your pilot jets, its one of the jets in the bowls, http://www.thegsresources.com/gs_carbrebuild.htm --, go through the pages, you'll find it. If that dosnt fix it, may want to bump up your needle(move the needle e-clip down one position).-darren

Comment

Originally posted by speedy400
                    if its popping on just decel, richen up your pilot jets, its one of the jets in the bowls, http://www.thegsresources.com/gs_carbrebuild.htm --, go through the pages, you'll find it. If that dosnt fix it, may want to bump up your needle(move the needle e-clip down one position).-darren
                    To richen the idle mixture, AFTER sealing ANY exhaust leaks. turn the mixture screw ON TOP ot the carb at the front IN a little, try 1/8 turn at a time.
                    Dink

Comment

The early GSXR, pre liquid cooled, exhausts will work. I think you can probably make the late model Bandit and Katana exhausts fit as well since they are based on the early GSXR engine. I can't vouch for how they fit with stock pegs though. I had changed my peg arrangement to work around a Yosh Duplex high exit pipe.

Comment

Working...
                      X