GS1100E Malossi Dellorto's Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1100E Malossi Dellorto's Setup

Iv've put a set of Malossi PHF30CD Delorto's w/ individual oval K&Ns on my 81 GS1100E. The bike is otherwise stock w/13K miles. They are very lean; surging, occasional back fire, so only a short ride so far. Does anyone have experience with these, a good source for Delorto parts or the correct specs for these carbs? I may switch back to the original Mik 34mm CVs, but the Delortos pull so hard! Thanks

You have a fairly rare set of carbs there, first set I have ever heard of in fact, so unfortunately I am unable to help much.
    Jetting is basically trial and error anyway, read your plugs, plug colour should guide you in what direction to go jetting wise.
    Dink

Comment

Lean is going to pull hard. They seem a bit small. Hope they work.

Comment

Check out anyplace that tunes Ducati's. They should have all the jets that you need.....

Could you post a pic of your setup?

Comment

Recently, there were several sets of Malossi carbs on Ebay.
          Is that where you got 'em?

I vaguely recall seeing Malossi ads in bike mags many years ago.
          Never seen a set 'in the flesh'.

Ted

Comment

Any KTM dealer will have or can get jets, slides and needles for your carbs. The Dell's are easy to jet. Those carbs are small for an 1100. You can try big main jets and idle jets. You can change the jets with the carbs on the bike.

http://www.racecar.co.uk/dellorto/

They look like this??

http://www.malossi.com/Catalogo/Cata...tMod=undefined
            Last edited by gsbill; 04-06-2006, 06:40 PM.
            EULC ON

Comment

Malossi Delorto PHF30CD Carbs

Thanks for the leads, I'll try them. They look the same except the throttles and enrichening are linked. They also have a mount plate. They are small compared to others I've seen on Ebay. I got them years ago from a cycle salvage, don't know what they were intended for originally. I'm sure the 34mm models are stronger but I don't race and rarely exceed 7000 rpm.

Comment

Working...
              X