Gsx 1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike McNaney
    Actually the stock cams for the 1100 Suzuki's are the same from 80' thru 83' all designations. Even the 1150's in 84'-85' had the same lift. .284. The only thing that changes is the cam timing. In 83' suzuki welded the crankshaft throws because the motor was twisting cranks now that its potential was boosted with TSCC. This allowed the redline to be advanced 500 RPM. An 83' tach has a 9500 RPM redline. They bumped the carb main jets to 112.5 from a 107.5 and poof!! ten more horse than 82'. My Factory service manual shows 80-81'=98hp,82=107hp and 83 at 117hp.

What changes to pilot jets and needle postion, if any????? Might try this with my factory exhaust with my 82 and see what happens??? Any suggestions...?
    Mike

1982 GS1100EZ

Text messages with my youngest brother Daniel right after he was paralyzed:

Me: Hey Dan-O. Just wanted to say howdy & love ya!

Dan-O: Howdy and Love you too. Doing good, feeling good.

Me: Give 'em hell, Little Bro!

Dan-O: Roger that! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius086
      What changes to pilot jets and needle postion, if any????? Might try this with my factory exhaust with my 82 and see what happens??? Any suggestions...?
      Remember, cam timing is different between 82 and 83. They both have #45 pilots, the main went from 107.5 in 82 to 112.5 in 83. Jet needles and needle jets are all the same from 81-83.
      Currently bikeless
      '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
      '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Working...
      X