GSXR750 Swapover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GSXR750 Swapover

Hey there, I have a question for you guys.... Will a GSXR 750 engine swap nicely into the early 80's GS frames? Does this eliminate the need for an offset sprocket if you swap out the rear end as well?

Thanks, Sandy

Originally posted by sandman
    Hey there, I have a question for you guys.... Will a GSXR 750 engine swap nicely into the early 80's GS frames? Does this eliminate the need for an offset sprocket if you swap out the rear end as well?

Thanks, Sandy
    It's been done quite a few times. A few years back the Bike of the Month had either a 750 or 1100 in an '83 750E chassis. I think it was an 1100 because the guy had to raise the tank a bit to have room. As for sprocket alignment that's something I can't answer. You'll need a meatier tire to handle the power anyway.

Comment

And here it is. It was an 1100 Kat engine which is just a slightly detuned GSXR engine. http://www.thegsresources.com/hallof...hoto_jan04.htm

Comment

Excellent! Thanks Billy. I'm looking into a 90's 750 to see if its got all I need. Will post a thread if I ever get it going...

S

Comment

Wow.

That engine is shoehorned into that frame.

Comment

Working...
          X