need lowering blocks!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need lowering blocks!!!!!

This is probably the wrong place to put this but I will try anyway.Who has lowering blocks cheap or where can I get them for a 79 750L?if i dont find some my father-in-law is going to give up on the gs and I dont want him to since I gave it to him.We have done lots of work on this bike and it runs great.Just got new tires today but its too tall for him the way it is.Please help or tell me how to lower it a couple of inches so he feels more safe.

Originally posted by tconroy
    This is probably the wrong place to put this but I will try anyway.Who has lowering blocks cheap or where can I get them for a 79 750L?if i dont find some my father-in-law is going to give up on the gs and I dont want him to since I gave it to him.We have done lots of work on this bike and it runs great.Just got new tires today but its too tall for him the way it is.Please help or tell me how to lower it a couple of inches so he feels more safe.
    Relocate the shock mounts to shorten the rear and pull the fork tubes up in the triple clamps to shorten the front.

Comment

+1 on Lowering Blocks

I have a little gs250t that I would like to rat out. Can one just make some or what?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Another options is to find shorter rear shocks. I have been reading that the lowering blocks do not work on shafties.

I think there are simple enough to make yes.

Comment

I have some i sent you a pm

Comment

Originally posted by katoranger
            Another options is to find shorter rear shocks. I have been reading that the lowering blocks do not work on shafties.

I think there are simple enough to make yes.
            I dont think i would try making any they are quite thick and seem to be made out of a solid piece. i wouldn't take the chance. I Also have some 1984 450 shocks ifd they would work and a way to lower the front end with only some fork oil and some pvc, and 1 hour. let me know

Comment

Working...
            X