Forward controls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forward controls?

I saw someone posting they were making forward controls. I ran a search on this and came up with nothing.

Due to Knee problems I HAVE to wear a knee brace to be able to walk. Its a weight bearing brace and with out it I WILL be in a wheelcahir in just a few years. As it is I will only be able to use my left leg at stops.

With my new brace I dont think I will be able to ride the GS without the brace binding in a VERY uncomfortable way.

Anyone have info on how I can fit HD Forward controlls on my '78 Gs 1000??? Or is someone in the GSR making these?

I am making forward controls, and for much the same reason as your problem.First, i like being comfortable, and second, my right knee doesnt bend well due to a bike wreck back in 2000.My forward controls on my gs 1000 I am making will let anyone that wants to stretch out.Plus,no welding is required for their installation, and you can revert back to your old controls if you want.My buddy and I have had one problem after another for 4 months now waiting on cooperation with machine shops so now i am going to go a route i should have gone 4 months ago so i can actually complete a set and post picture here.Go to appearance mods back a few pages and look for pix of ron Bayless' forward controls.I had only the shifter side started, and the picture is not indicative how the finished look will be.They will look good, and either be in chrome or black anodized.Interested? My home email is crusierlover02@aol.com
    future owner of some year and displacement GS bike,as yet unclaimed and unowned.

Comment

Working...
    X