Pilot air screws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pilot air screws

Ok I am upgrading the exhaust on my 81 GS1100e to a yoshimura RS-3 race exhast and a k&n air filter.

With that said I took the carbs apart to clean them and rejet them but I ran into a little snafu I the all 4 pilot air screws became stripped even after soaking them in carb cleaner and some other lube. So I had to drill them out, but I cannot find anywheres to but just those four screws without getting a whole kit. Does anybody have any laying around they would want to get ride of?

Also to make matters worse somewheres in between disassembly and resassembly one of the black round disc gaskets peared. Does anyone have an extra one of these as well?

I am looking to spend as little money as possible being that I have very little money due to college?

I want to get this thing running as fast as possible gas prices are killing me and the weather is perfect here in south jersey.

Thanks everyone
    Last edited by Guest; 04-20-2006, 04:57 PM.

ya

i run into a similar problem i broke a pilot jet lol
    did you try www.bikebandit.com?
    nick

Originally posted by akreider
    Ok I am upgrading the exhaust on my 81 GS1100e to a yoshimura RS-3 race exhast and a k&n air filter.

With that said I took the carbs apart to clean them and rejet them but I ran into a little snafu I the all 4 pilot air screws became stripped even after soaking them in carb cleaner and some other lube. So I had to drill them out, but I cannot find anywheres to but just those four screws without getting a whole kit. Does anybody have any laying around they would want to get ride of?

Also to make matters worse somewheres in between disassembly and resassembly one of the black round disc gaskets peared. Does anyone have an extra one of these as well?

I am looking to spend as little money as possible being that I have very little money due to college?

I want to get this thing running as fast as possible gas prices are killing me and the weather is perfect here in south jersey.

Thanks everyone

Comment

I was hopeing to find someone here with an extra set first, ordering them is a last resort.

Comment

I was also wondering if I could fore go the dyno jet kit and just purchase a larger main jet?

Comment

Originally posted by akreider
          I was also wondering if I could fore go the dyno jet kit and just purchase a larger main jet?
          NO!!!! adding a 4 into 1 and a K&N filter will make a huge change to airflow across the entire revrange; hence you need to reset the entire range of jets, BTW the mods mentioned will add significantly to fuel usage.
          Dink

Comment

You can get new pilot air screws for less than $4 a piece at http://www.z1enterprises.com/default.aspx

Comment

Thanks alot they seem to have really good prices on new parts.

Comment

I'm not an expert, but everything I've ever read sez you will be sorry you made this conversion. The CV carbs used by Suzuki are optimized for a certain level of air restriction designed into the stock airbox, filter and exhaust. I would not alter those items unless I ditched the CVs in favor of standard slide operated carbs. Just my $.02

Comment

Working...
                X