optimum header setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

optimum header setup

I was talking to an old gs1100 drag racer today and he told me that he ran Basanni headers cuz they make the most HP. They He said the most important aspect of any header is the first bend....it has to be 7.5 inches from the valves for optimum performance which the bassani has.

I was telling him I want to have a stainless pipe made.
    KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

I don't know about the power output of my Basanni as opposed to say a Yoshi or V&H but it sure sounds better than any other exhaust I hear out there. I measured the tubes on my 1100 and the tubes on the 850 and they are different in length for sure. It seems the Basanni is about 7" from the valve but sticking the measuring tape in the exhaust port of my extra 1100 head was a bit sketchy at best as far as measuring goes. The 850 seems to have a longer stretch to the bend. Not sure if that is relevent since it is an 850. I thought that Basanni didn't make bike headers anymore? My only complaint about my header is the ground clearance and access to the oil drain plug (or lack thereof). The sound that header makes far outweighs the negatives though.

Comment

My only complaint is the aftermarket models that require removal of the centerstand.

I put stock pipes back on my ride and while it defineitely hinders the low to mid range, the high end seems pretty stout. I can still get to warp speed pretty quick. Don't know how much the stockers on my 1100 are valve to first bend.
      Currently bikeless
      '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
      '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

I have a Kerker Comp. pipe with the Comp. baffle (very large center opening), yep, lost the centerstand, harder to get to the oil filter. Sounds great, especially with the smoothbores and the K&N's on it.

Comment

Working...
        X