No announcement yet.

Whats going on at the tracks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've seen that too Ryan........... even had my time wrong too and just stay'ed put in the waterbox pointing to the sign. They finally figure it out and changed it. If you race that guy again just run his dial next time so you can shake your fist at him going down the track side by side then goose it at the line and take the win \\/

I took the Harley out last night and got 2nd place. I was setting the place on fire with runs in the 8.40's at 80 mph. The final was a double breakeout and I broke out more. May just take it again next week?
    1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
    1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
    1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
    1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
    01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

All is fair in love, war and racing. At was another three solid days of racing mania. The kid managed 1st place, moving him into second in points. I think he's about 30 points off the leader now, but we have our sites on him. The new picture was not posted yet.

The third big bash was today. This brought the most V-twins in yet. The weather was bad and the race was called. We only managed a couple of time runs.

I finished my engine last Friday but gave up on running it for now. Those APE pins never did make it after about 6 six weeks of waiting so I had to give up on them. They could not give me a date and the last three weeks I called I got the same answer about them being in final grind. I really wish these bike places would just be more upfront about things. Then I don't waste my summer waiting for parts. Plan is to test on next Friday with the MTC pins.

New MTC turbo, Wiseco turbo and stock pistons. That gasoline was making a mess of my Wiseco parts. If anyone here needs a couple of Wiseco pistons to make up a set (can no longer purchase these) send me a note. Two of the four are still in fair condition (skirts are fine, the wrist pin holes are not the best) and could be used.

New MTC, stock and Wiseco pins (hoping to solve my crank problems)

New MTC pistons and reworked block. I am still waiting on the eBay crank, so it has that last crank I had sent out installed now. 493 rods and a few Falicon billet parts. Staying with the those low profile Web cams I bought over winter.

Comment

The Shark

The Kid

Team Green (last years local track champ and current points leader)

The Stouls

Comment

lecroy..

what type of pipe is that ? i like the way it wraps around then side exits...thanks

Comment

Both GS's have Sidewinders on them. Not sure what Mr Green has on the Busa.

Comment

I like that busa. I'm seriously tempted.

Comment

Last time I had the old Suzuki at the track was on 16 June and I think she is mad at me for taking the Harley and not her. Yesterday I try to start it up and the starter just spin's, that's great the rotor is loose. So off it comes I clean it up but this time I get out my electric impact gun so she's not coming loose anymore.

So later in the day I take her to the track and after just one run I pull up to my truck and turn her off and what do I hear..... some type of spinning noise..... great it's that rotor again. So I pull the cover off and see that the rotor is fine so I rotate the starter clutch assy and see that all 3 starter clutch bolts have sheared off. Didn't bring any tools to fix that so I called it a night.

Just as well after being off the bike that long I wasn't hanging on too tight on that first run and had to back out of the gas to get a better grip then back on the gas.

I got it fix now with some 12.9 bolts, looking at the ones that failed must be oem's one's, no numbers on them. Looks like I'll be heading back out there tonight.

Comment

The outhouse makes a pass.....

Jeff does real good with that bike. The paint job was new for last winter. He's a fan of RG, if you couldn't tell. He runs around 9.3 with spray, auto and slider.

Sorry to hear about the GS problems, but you know every once in a while parts are going to fail. I figured you would have welded it up by now. Did you ever get into the 5's with it? I am planning to take mine out today also and see how the new parts work. Only my second time to the track with it this year. Good luck with yours.
                  Last edited by Guest; 07-07-2006, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Lost the new engine on its third pass. Its in real bad shape. Hope your weekend was better.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Mark.......I'm not even going to ask

I did hit the button one time in 4th gear and the bike started to bog, was using 20/24 jets. I'm thinking with the foggers in the velocity stacks it's drawing more fuel causing an over rich condition. So I'll be tapping the intake runners this winter.

So this gives me more time to play with the motor.

Comment

Man that piston looks ugly. I did that to a KZ I had several years ago. Never did discover exactly what was wrong. Sold it as parts on ebay. You can read the thrread maybe give you some ideas.

Lost in the finals to Norwalks #3 in points. They didn't have a race so a couple of their bike guys came out. I was .015 and he was .017 on the tree. I gave him too much at the stripe and broke out. Those sliders are deadly.

One of the car guys had foot surgery. So he asked me to time trial his car a couple times. Car runs mid to low 11's and pulls the front tires off the ground. I short shifted 2nd twice, but manaaged an 11.66. Really fun to drive it.

Comment

One of the other bike guys. Just playing with some video editing.

Comment

E/T Racing is all about who can BS the best ....

Originally posted by RacingJake
                            I did hit the button one time in 4th gear and the bike started to bog, was using 20/24 jets. I'm thinking with the foggers in the velocity stacks it's drawing more fuel causing an over rich condition. So I'll be tapping the intake runners this winter.

So this gives me more time to play with the motor.
                            I have seen guys running them like the way you have it, and I have heard guys say its a bad way to set them up. What sort of time did you run with it? Was 20 the N2O and 24 the fuel?

Video was cool. You showed a picture once of your bike in your garage and you had a car sitting next to it. Are you plans to leave us and go to the dark side? I have never drove a car down the track.

Man that piston looks ugly.
                            I talked to a couple of engine builders over the weekend about the clearences and it sounds like the bore and ring gap was set way too tight for a turbo. I just don't know and hoped that a few of the guys would right in with some guidelines. I may call Paul before calling MTC on Monday just to get his input. I'll let you know what they say.

Was invited to tag along to the races today. Took the old stock GS along to have some fun. Last time I raced it I lost when I tree'ed the guy and then chopped too early and he got around me. It sucked and it was eating away at me (I HATE TO LOOSE). So, first time trial, right lane bike spins, I cut a -0.024 bulb (0.000 is perfect at this track) bike runs a 12.73 with wind at my back at 107MPH. I took the tire pressure to 20 pounds (BattleAxe hard rubber street tire). I was thinking how bad of a rider I have become and vowed to take down the tree. I go to the left lane for my second time trial.
                            Cut a 0.2269, bike runs a 12.11 at 110MPH. The light sucked but the E/T was close to normal. I am normally good for a 0.080 bulb with this bike but when you only race once a year and age starts getting the best of you, well.

Met up with a few guys we had been racing with up at Martin. One guy was telling me about his turbo GS he just bought. Clutch problems that they just could not get a handle on. I start asking questions and it sounds just like my bike. He ends up going home and getting it. So I wrench for him during my spare time. We got his problem solved. He was happy and maybe we get another bike to the track. Says he is going to bring it to Martin next race and would like me to help tune it. No problem, glad to help...

Round one, I line up with my first victim. Another stock looking GS with a slick and bar. I dial at 12.30 (yea I really BSed this one but I did not know if I was going to get stuffed into the right lane). I get the left. I remembered how much I hated loosing that last race and I took out every frustration I had on this poor guy. Normally I would have liked to BS with him about his bike. It was maybe a 79 or so. We had close to the same dial in. So it was pretty much a heads up race. I jumped in front of him, turn my head sideways and ran all the way down the track stairing at him. I knew I had massive breakout potential and I knew I had the tree so I punished him all the way down the track. I saw the finish line coming up and I chopped. Later guy....
                            I get back and the girl hands me the white slip. 0.0001 light! That was the closest I have ever had to a perfect light in my whole life. I ran a 12.2229 at 108 MPH. He had sand bagged worse than me. He had dialed a 12.2099 on a 12.40 dial.

Man, you can't BS a BSer.

The bike was making a racket during the return ride. It sounds like a rod. I just blew up my big motor on Friday. It's Sunday, I did not go to church and now I am paying the price. The light qualifies the bike for the bi, if there is one. Everyone in my group has made it past the first round, everyone is happy. They love my light. Then I drop the bomb, I think the engine took a sh$t I say. Again, I am a BSer. So they think its a joke at first. I decide to try and start it, wizzzz. Starter gone. Quick, pull it apart. Ah, just the nut spun loose. Big sigh. Maybe wrenching on the guy's turbo bike has provided some forgiveness of my sins.

Round two. Even number of bikes. Damm, no lady luck on my side. I have to race the local track champ. He will fall like the last guy. He wants that right lane, but I have that 0.0001 light that says I am sticking his butt in the right.
                            Ha ha ha I think to myself, that threw you off guard. Now, get ready to be tree'ed. (see the problem, I even BS myself). Well, that was the end of my rain of terror. The bike hooks big time and I can't release the clutch enough to keep the tire from leaping about 3' into the air, right out of the beam. Time stand still for a fraction of a second with the bike standing on end and me stairing at the green bulb. The red comes on.

Friends did good in spite of thier handy capped pit crew (me). They got their entry fees plus 10 each.

It was fun to race again rather than just help pit.

Comment

Oh yea, if the GS owner I ran happens into this site, I liked your bike. Your a good rider.

Comment

Took my bike to the track this weekend..

1980 gs550e... all "stock"

ended up running a 13.9 at 92 mph.. 13's had been my goal with this bike since i got it.

Pulled a 2.0 60ft which i think is pretty good.. could probably be a little quicker.
                                1980 Gs550e....Not stock... :)

Comment

Working...
                                X