No announcement yet.

Whats going on at the tracks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went to ship the eBay crank today and took a closer look at it. It has the smaller end on it. So I assume it was an 82 because of the non dimpled rods. Strange that it was welded. Sure looks factory done. No penitration and just a few key points tacked together.

Comment

Bikes been running good this year. Knock on wood. Ran a pair of 9.53's 5.98 in the 1/8th. Air was good this weekend. Went four rounds for another win. That makes three firsts and two second place finishes. Almost halfway thru the year. Up by nine rounds on second place. Praying the luck holds out. At least I'm winning enough money to pay for my racing each week. Makes up for the gold card I lost last year when I took second place.

Comment

Glad yo hear you doing so well this year and that the bike is holding up! Mine is scattered all over the shop for a few weeks anyway while I wait for parts. Once I got into it, it was a lot worse than I expected.

Spoke with the crank man about the eBay crank. He said it was not a factory weld job. So now we have to see if it can be used or not. The good think is that it does not look like who ever did the work took the crank apart.

If you followed my posts on DB, my pistons are shot as well so I shipped the block to MTC today.

This was it's last run with my old Wisecos

Listen to the tire spin in first second and third. It was damm cold that night. Still managed to pull off a 9.49 @ 148MPH with almost a second light.

It's about time that Jake checked in too. He should have been well in the 5's by now with the spray.
        Last edited by Guest; 06-12-2006, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lecroy
          It's about time that Jake checked in too. He should have been well in the 5's by now with the spray.
          Haven't worked all the bugs out yet.... I did try to spray 2 weeks ago in 4th gear and didn't feel a thing. I know in my Falcon what a 50 hit feels like and a 275 hit feels like you just been rear ended by a Mac truck.

I think the nozzles are to far away from the lectrons and that the 36 jets feel like 10hp. Best thing to do is tap the head for the nozzle's and that should solve that problem.

But until then I'll try it a few more times like it is and see what happens. Was going to try it last week but we had a guy roll his car about 10 times down the track, you know he didn't back off the throttle to roll that many time on a 1/8 track, he's OK can't say the same for the car. Even at the starting line the look of his car wasn't right.... leaning to one side alittle??

Hey Ryan..... your doing good, glad to hear your this year champ again :twisted:
          1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
          1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
          1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
          1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
          01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

PS.... I found my problem... 900psi of gas and no liquid nitrous. Looks like my 10lb service tank is ready for a refill.

Comment

You will get there!

Anyone ever see an outhouse make a pass?

Comment

Nos

You need to Weigh the mother bottle , that will tell you how much NOS you actually have . PSI / temp are pieces of info you will also need for your bottle on your bike .

Comment

I got a 50 pound hanging scale in the garage and now that my two 10lb and 1lb bottle's are empty I can finally get a good empty weight on them.

I even got my bottle heater on one and thinking of trying one of those hot patche's for your back on the one pound bottle, they say they stay hot for 4 hours.

I did find one of the funnel jets blocked with some teflon tape, must of been from the P.O. and been trapped somewhere in the nos soleniod cause I've done alot of pressure ops checks before it clogged up.

I already got a system gage on the bike and another gage on my service bottle. My plan is to just leave the 1lb bottle in the bike and use the 10 pound service bottle to fill her up.
                  Last edited by RacingJake; 06-14-2006, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Crank guy said the 82 1100 crank was not factory welded. Of course, this throws a whole new set of problems into it. God only knows what sort of rod was used, etc. On the plus side looks like who ever did the job did not pull the crank apart to do it. So there is still some hope it can be saved......

Notice the virgin 83 crank, un-welded like all the others I have seen.

Nice part. And it has the Kat 493 rods!

Hoping to get the engine back together the week after next.

Comment

I saw you posting about your bike on dragbike.com. Here I thought you were ready to go. Too bad you didn't realize the bottom end needed attention while the snow was still flying. I think I had the same problem as you. Or close. When I took the motor apart I found galling in the small end of the rod and the wrist pins were beat up. They were those same tapered wrist pins from wiseco that came with the 1166 kit. I don't plan on using them again.

Comment

That's why I was asking you last winter if you had a spare crank that you wanted to part with. That last clip was from three weeks ago. Just running with the bum rod, waiting for parts.

Did you have yours rebuilt after it galled the rod?

I plan to ship mine off once I get the eBay crank back. If they give me a go on it, I plan to have them put a brand new set of 493 rods on it.

The only bad part was the Wiseco pistons not being made anymore. They only had about 100 passes on them, so it really stinks. Funny how little I ride anymore.

So, was at the track last weekend and this BIG trailor pulls in next to us. As they started to unpack I noticed on the side of the car it says "LER". As they continue to take it out, "WN HUSTLER". It looked like the 73 Chi Town Hustler. I took a couple of shots of it. Very nice looking, just like I remember as a kid. Once I got home I did a little digging in and it looks like it was a replica built by a guy living in Indiana. Have you seen this car in Ohio? I guess there is a club where guys are restoring or building replicas of some of the old funny cars.

Comment

I sent the crank to stan gardener at Gardener Racing Concepts to looked over for me. He took it apart and said the rods didn't need to be replaced. He ran a hone thru the small end of the rod. When i got it back the pin went in like butter. He also replaced the rod bearings saying they didn't look so happy. The only issue I had was the crank had a Falicon billet left end on it. He sent it back with a stock end on it. He said the billet end was wobbly when he took it off so he threw the stock end in for nothing. He said it's not the hollow early style that break all the time. At least companies like R+D send you the busted parts back. Gives you peace of mind. I never got my billet end back. With that being said it did look awful pretty when I got it back.

Comment

post a pic of the car

Comment

Crap, I got busy with company. Those GS parts went cheap. I would have gave more for the crank and block. Oh well, next time....

We always get the defunked parts back. I have a few parts laying around that won't even make a good paper weight. Your luckey if they could hone yours. Mine have some nice groves in one of the rods. Is that a 750 gear?

Comment

Made to the track tonight and was going to enter the Q16 but their was alot of lighting to the west and north of the track so I just make 6 laps before loading up and heading home before the rain started.

Got my 10lb filled tonight and service the 1 lb bottle so tonight I did have full bottle's. Tried the nos is fourth gear and didn't feel a thing then tried it on 3rd gear and I did feel a little push from the nos. So it looks like I need bigger jets or move the nozzle's to the intake's for better results. Runs where in the 6.04's to 6.08's and all at 114 mph, almost got to 115 once. Wind was 20 to 30mph and they scraped the track again so their was'nt much rubber at the line so I think I can do alot better next time.
                                Last edited by RacingJake; 06-17-2006, 01:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X