• Time
  • Show
Clear All

gr8 posts you guyz....

chit hot... keep up the good wurk....

cheers

Phark

Comment

Ok, I setup an account to try this putfile stuff. I can't seem to play Ryan's files with FireFox. There seems to be no plug-in for it. Explorer seems to work fine.

I tried to upload a short clip from two weekends ago. I heard it was the highest turnout for an IHRA event ever. The place was packed.

Comment

Even the Netscape plug-in does not seem to work with FireFox. If you know where to get a plugin that works, let me know.

Lets try something a little bigger.....

Like a ghost right out of my childhood. The Chi Town Hustler in action..

The original, great site with lots of pictures.....
        A nostalgic look back at drag racing funny cars from the 1970s.

Comment

Just like a kid playing in the water and I never grew out of it.
          (smaller picture format, test to see if it makes any difference)

Comment

Last summer there was a Yamaha snowmobile that set a new workd record at Martin. It was during a race and they would not stop the event (of course) for him to back it up. By the time he was able to run again, the track/weather conditions changed.

Someone had a camera at the track that day and took a video of it. This is not anything I uploaded. I am amazed I found it on this site, but there are just so many videos.....

Comment

Originally posted by lecroy
              Lets try something a little bigger.....

Like a ghost right out of my childhood. The Chi Town Hustler in action..
              http://media.putfile.com/chitownhustler

The original, great site with lots of pictures.....
              http://www.70sfunnycars.com/FunnyCars6.html

Major flashbacks from the 70's !
              i used to spend manu a weekend in the 70's at New England Dragway in Epping NH. Funny cars..under the stars!!!!
              Met Linda Vaughn (WOW) a few times there.
              Sawa bunch of the classic guys drive there.
              Wild Willie in his altered was the best!! One arm locked on the door edge like he was out for a Sunday ride . CLASSIC!!!
              Thanks for the memories.
              Keith
              -------------------------------------------
              1980 GS1000S, blue and white
              2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

Glad you enjoyed it. There was a kid at the track last weekend that restored my faith in the younger generation of rodders. Most of the kids I see put those big, loud cans and plenty of LEDs on their dickey cars. I am not impressed. This kid was changing out a rear end when we pulled in. We started talking. I asked how fast his car was. "Runs the 12s". I am thinking no F'ing way. It's one of those old Mazda rotory motor cars. He climbs out from under it, black from head to toe. Lifts the hood. There sits a small block V-8 from a Camaro with the 6-speed to match! He did all the work him self.

The turbo bike is funny to watch. The first shot I forgot that I was on this bike and never pushed the button to arm it. The second video, I'm not sure what happened. They gave me a pro tree and the bike must not have liked it. I put down the track with my tail between my legs and the crowd is dissapointed...

I could not find the video where I forget to turn on the auto, not even thinking about it I let go of the bars and reached down and threw the switch, bang, 2nd gear. I am surprized I stayed on.

Many mistakes but still a fun time....

Around hear we run Torco fuels. Testing one of the Alky cars on Saturday.

Comment

I finally got around and took the old suz back out. Been awhile and sure did fell alittle strange using the delay/WOT thingy and plus holding on for dear life.

Tonight I just use pump gas and ran a best 6.10, still thinking VP110 add a few more ponies. Did run with Kaw 1400 a few times, the guy owns or runs our local Kawi dealership in town. Stock engine with some swingarm extenders and was laying down some 1.55's 60fts. He red lit by .085 and I stayed right on his rear, he ran 6.16 to my 6.17. Now that was a heads up race. I don't think it would take much more for that bike to get in the 5's, oh yeah his bike only has 380 miles on it and it seen more track time than street time.
                  1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
                  1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
                  1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
                  1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
                  01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

Man what a long weekend. Mostly it was uneventful. We had some very nice weather to run in. A lot of good people showed up. No drunken fights to report. A whole lot of sleds running. I bet they out numbered the bikes 2:1. Only one bike went down and it was right off the line. I watched him leave every time after that and was amazed at how unstable the bike was when it left. It shouldn't have been there running.

I actually tried to race my old GS again. I don't plan to quite my day job. I could not even make it past the first round both days. Both times I made the same mistake. I entered the Street E/T class but they really did not mean that this was a real street bike class, like my bike. The only restriction is the tires and bars. The first bike I ran was a Harley (which I never beat) and he was running in the 9's. My bike runs in the 12.20s. I tree'ed the crap out of him (540 to his 870) and I was so far out in front of him that I figured he broke (did I mention it was a Harley?). I was bagging around 20 but I chopped big time and he blasted by me.

Day 2 I swore I would stay in it. Dialed a 12.20. Lined up with another 9 second bike. I cut a 550 to his 540. He had a Jap bike so I knew he wasn't going to break down and would be coming up on me. So I stayed tucked in but still no bike. I was at about 1000 feet and I looked in the mirror and he looks like a mile away. The bike had just ran a 12.05 the pass before so I thought, chop. Stupid stupid stupid.... Bike blasts by me. I ran a 12.32 or something. Gave up for the day.

I just can't judge those fast street bikes and would be better to just dial what the bike runs and not look when I race them. It was still fun even though I got my butt handed to me once again... I need to make me up a bike to race this class.

Everyone else did pretty good. Shark and kid made it pretty far in Pro E/T. Kid made it to the semi.

Comment

Hey Mark next time remove your mirrors 8-) I have that problem too and I'm running the 1/8, I know it's alot harder in the 1/4 when the cats are running out the back door trying to catch you.

Comment

What I think would help me the most is to actually race once in a while. Pratice makes perfect and no practice at all makes for some poor driving skills.

We did pretty good this weekend. Kid took first and dad took second. We moved up on team Green. There are six bikes that are making the run for the finals. The rest are locked out now. The IHRA finals are here this year but we are scheduled to run the 1/8. It should make for some interesting racing.

I still havn't tested the new motor. Between the rain and work I just can't seem to get it together.

Comment

Haw is it going to work with Norwalk going to NHRA but the owner heading up the IHRA?

What a day Saturday. We started off when John Boy goes to start the Shark and it was on the compression stroke. He is sort of new to the game and this had never happened to him. Rather than let go of the starter button he kept it on. Blam. One of the terminals on one of the batteries blew. Lead every where. This is the second time I have seen this now. Our cart is sealed so no harm. We were able to borrow a cart for the day.

Then, during the first time trial the tranny locked up in the Kaw. I was thinking this was going to turn into a really bad day. We were one week from the day the my friend had crashed the Busa last summer.

Things turned around and our team pulled another final off. Team Green went out first round and kid once again took first, knocking Green off the totem pole. The kid is now two rounds up on him. There are three races left so it's still anyones game. Dad was back to his old self, cutting .50 lights the whole day, until he went red in the finals against the kid. No, it was not a team thing where he took the fall. Dad did not like the kid putting the 505 bulb on him last week so he practiced all week.

I was able to take my bike to the track last Wed. and Friday. Wed. I just made a 330' pass to get a reading. It was the only drag bike there are drew attention. They were dissapointed with the short run. Oh well....

Friday I was able to make five passes. I had tried some different things with the clutch, but this turned into a BIG mistake and the bike stalled twice on the line. The third pass was not much better. On the forth pass I had the clutch dialed back in and made a full pass with 15 PSI. Nothing steller, but everything worked flawless. The readings looked good so I took the pressure up a few pounds and made my last pass of the night. Something went wrong with the lights, like I backed out of the beam or something. No one was running up to stop me like there was oil pouring from the engine or something so I took off rather than to wait for them to reset the lights. I just needed the plug data anyway. Bike ran good with no problems. I hope to get some higher pressure test this week.

We left the track around 11:30. They had been running something they called Friday Night Madness. This is where all the kids come and race. There is no water put down and they use a flag girl to start the cars. The lights only show the winner. The idea was to give the kids a place to race rather than running on the streets. I guess things didn't go so well and kids were doing doughnuts on the lawn, racing down the return lanes, racing in the parking lots, trying to do bleach burnouts etc. They just closed the place down and gave them 10 minutes to leave. This may be the last time they hold this event now. I bet they had 40 - 50 bikes there. Too bad they won't come and race with us.

Next week we have off..

Comment

You got to watch out for those kids don't you

I haven't been to the track lately been working on building my trailer. Just need to add shocks and wiring.

I was even able to load the bike with the front end still strapped down. Going to pull the engine/trans title steering, etc and install them in the Falcon. Won't be much left of the old truck so she'll be going to the scrap yard soon.

Last edited by RacingJake; 09-03-2006, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Holy crap!!! That would go for a brand new truck around these parts!!! Wheres all the rust???!!!

Comment

Evan Knoll bought the 25% (all that he had left) of the IHRA stock that Bill Bader owned.
                                Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Working...
                                X