Whats going on at the tracks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
    I'd love to try it...we even have a track nearby...but I can hardly afford to run the drag bike...

Plus when you win at the drag strip you get cash money....most amature road racing gets you a trophy...

Still like to try it though.

Bob T.

Same here. I think it'd be a blast to do a track day on my GS1000 after I get all the performance mods (suspension, engine) done to it.

I noticed in the below photo that this guy had cut off his rear subframe behind the rear springs, removed the rear fender, and mounted some brackets on to put a racing tail on the bike. Would this aid performance, or does it just look cool?

Comment

The last points race of the season, and we were rained out. We made two time trials and that was the end of it. The points are locked and we lost first place to team Green. He did a great job holding us off. The kid did one hell of a job this year.

The finals are next week. I am not sure if we are going or not. With IHRA they swap from 1/4 to 1/8 in the finals because not all the tracks run the 1/8. Our equipment is setup for a 1/4.

I drug my GS to the track Friday just before the rain hit. Managed to get one pass out of it with some traction. Bike 60'ed at 1.34. The best ever since I have owned it. Once I got out a few feet and the bike shifted to second and there was no bog I was thinking, damm why didn't I buy this clutch 4 years ago when I started to restore this old girl.

It seems like every time I drag her to the track I draw some attention. I have no idea why. I don't make full passes and normally run slow but there is normally someone who wants to try and help me out with their words of wizdom. Maybe they feel sorry for me. Anyway, this last night was no exception. I had a guy come up while I am putting it away who starts to tell me how he is the greatest turbo bike builder ever. He works with all the big turbo suppliers and builds turbo systems for bikes. He has a big shop and is getting a dyno this year. (Why do they come?) Anyway, I bit my tongue. He asked what kind of turbo, what kind jetting, what kind of clutch. No problem so far. Then he tells me how a couple of guys I know are going to work with him to build a few big drag bikes to run the circuit. I had enough, so my turn. "what kind of bike do you own?" Well, ur, uh, I don't.

Next was going to be where is it but he got off the hook. I had to ask my friends if they had ever heard of this guy. I got some funny story about a high 10 second bike that he had worked on and how the guy gave them some bull about owning a shop. They went to visit and he was like a floor sweeper there or something.

Comment

There is one of those at every track....
        I was going thru your site looks good. Mine needs some updating.

A friend of mine likes to trade cars as much as possible. I did a vid for him hi-lighting his rides this year. so far.....

Last edited by Guest; 09-24-2006, 05:28 PM.

Comment

I feel for ya...we got rained out at our last points race also....

At least I finished in the top 10. Got the call the other night asking if I wanted to be on Byron's team at the finals and I had to say no because of work
          To make it worse, my wife qualifed in the car and had to say no also. So we are both disapointed

Oh well....maybe next year.

Bob T.
          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

I dropped powweb after they sold out about 3 months ago. Then the new owners charged my credit card without my approval. I was supprized that a company would do this.. I am back to playing with my home PC for the web server. Its going to be hit and miss for a little while until I work out the bugs. Thanks for the word of encouragement. I have most of the important things updated (the new engine ).

The video is looking great. Can we expect a new season DVD? I was a slug this year with the camera. 90% of the tapes I made was for our own use. Mostly bike launching to see what we're doing wrong. Its hard to say your not doing something when its caught on tape. It really helped the kid improve. I think if we give him 1 more year team Green will be toast.

Bob, it would have been fun to run into anther GS resources guy at the track.
            If you do decide to attend, drop me a post.

Comment

Of course there will be a DVD. I didn't shoot as much this year, but I did get some good video anyway.

Comment

Something to think about over the winter. Really want to see if i can set this up with an air cylinder to get it back up the return road.

Comment

Finally got to run my ZZR at the track.We ran on a 1/8th mile track. I would much rather a 1/4th. I ran against Luke on his Gs 1100. I ran 6.9 or 7.0 on the run in the video and Luke ran a 7.59 I think. Here is a link to the video

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

Originally posted by skip View Post
                    Finally got to run my ZZR at the track.We ran on a 1/8th mile track. I would much rather a 1/4th. I ran against Luke on his Gs 1100. I ran 6.9 or 7.0 on the run in the video and Luke ran a 7.59 I think. Here is a link to the video

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...ake2006028.flv

hahah koolio m8

between you and Dink and a m8 of mine Im gettin a hankerin for these ZZR thingos....

my m8 let me run an '04 model round da block....

I was always against them cause they look like the rice rocket set up that shoves your heals back and up ur ar$e...

but surprisingly... It was quite an upright postion for meh since Im pretty tall...

the peg position isnt behind the rider at all and having such a long reach I dont get any pressure on my wrists that even my short m8 complains about.... lol

and I know how quick they are cause Ive chased this particular one through the twisties a few times.... but its in the str8's it blows by meh....

fun clip

cheers

Phark

Comment

with a set of risers from genmar, they are down right comfy!

Comment

Since I can't go to the track tonight I felt like taking it out on something

Now I feel alot better
                        1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
                        1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
                        1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
                        1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
                        01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

lousy trucks deserve everything they get lol....

Comment

Unreal!! Look at the bottom of those doors!!! I am sure you have no idea what I am talking about, but if you were from up north you would.

Comment

No rust !!! quick get them on Ebay!

Comment

Hey when you say rust to a Texan your talking about paint right??

Tearing this thing apart is easier than working on the GS. Just 2 more bolts and what's left of the cab can be pushed off, sure makes getting to those motor mounts alot eaiser too.
                                1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
                                1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
                                1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
                                1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
                                01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

Working...
                                X