Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Step by step, bit by bit, work in progress.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Step by step, bit by bit, work in progress.

So thought i'd let you guys and gals in on my work in progress.

After removing the original tank, covers and tail i found a GSX1100 tank and stepped seat :mrgreen: . So stripping the tank was halted halfway.

This is what it looks like at the moment :

The new tank took some modification to get to fit (test-fitting produced a loud KLOINK when the petcock touched the carbs), should be okay now.
    My mate soldered a adapter to attatch a fuel line to where the petcock should be, i'll be adding a simple on/off inline fuel-tap.

Here's the adapter and tap :

Next up is rebuilding the carbs with O-rings on the banjo's, after that it's time to repaint (blue/white) and get it on the road again.

Eventually i'll have to do something about the engine too, it's been run with little to no oil for approx. 1000 km, which left it sounding like the new oil was mixed with gravel . Any tips on what i might excpect or parts i'll need??

I'll try to keep you posted on the progress, though it will take a while to get done (14 months so far). Hope to get some help from my brother in law, the technical guru when he gets his 2-stroke racer done.

So what do y'all think?
Working...
X