Shift light?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shift light?

How can i hook up a shift light that goes in a car to work on my bike. here is an example of what i am think about using. thnaks

or ebay Item number: 8059919139

Why would you want to install a shift light on a bike?

Comment

i dont like haveing any gauges. Want a real clean look for a cheap price. Plus why look down at the tach when a light can tell you.

Comment

A Dyna 2000 can be set up with a shift light I think.

Check out www.dynaonline.com.

Comment

yeah i have a dyna s, and want it to work with that.

Comment

Interesting idea...

I've seen LED tachometers that are basically a row of different colored LEDs. Something like that could be neat if you're into soldering -- you could hide the LEDs in some creative way so you just get different color glows depending on RPM.

I don't know of any plug-in type system, though. I bet some chopper maker somewhere is working on it, but it'll probably redline at 4,500 RPM.
            1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
            2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
            2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
            Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

see i was thinkng you could wire it to the dyna s some how, but how is the question. I dont care if it even just comes on wheni need to shift. But i liked you idea something to ponder. thanks

Comment

Usually shift lights have instructions for 4, 6. and 8 cylinder engines. your bike is a 12 volt system and so are most cars. My guess is that it should work. I have had 2 bikes with shift lights and the spot that takes the tach reading is the important connection.

Comment

I have one of these on my busa. Not sure how it would work on your application.
                  Shift Light - Manufacturer of precision racing electronics. Choose our Single mode shift light or our advanced Dual mode shift light with a launch & shift combo for complete domination at the track. Optional output for driving external devices such as air shifters.

Comment

shift light

I use an Auotometer on my 81 that takes the rpm pills,It is made for a motorcycle.It has a switch for single(twin) or double(4 cylinder) pulse.I think the automobile ones can be setup to work on a bike. Steve

Comment

Originally posted by RifRafRacing
                      I use an Auotometer on my 81 that takes the rpm pills,It is made for a motorcycle.It has a switch for single(twin) or double(4 cylinder) pulse.I think the automobile ones can be setup to work on a bike. Steve
                      I HAD THE AUTOMETER ON MY BUELL. THE ONLY COMPLAINT I HAD WAS THAT UNLIKE THE ONE ON MY SUZUKI, YOU COULD NOT CHANGE THE RPM SETTING USING DIP SWITCHES. OTHERWISE IT WORKED WELL AND WAS MADE WELL.

Comment

Working...
                      X