What gear ration should i go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What gear ration should i go?

Looking to lower my rpms a bit at 70, so what ratio should i use without losing bottom end. I am converting to a 530 chain and am about to by some sprockets.
    thanks

Originally posted by odl777
    Looking to lower my rpms a bit at 70, so what ratio should i use without losing bottom end. I am converting to a 530 chain and am about to by some sprockets.
    thanks
    My guess here is to experiment by increasing the size of the countershaft sprocket by one toot. It's easily undne if you dont like the results. If it turns out to be too much then you can mess with the rear sprocket.
    Of course you will lose some bottom end but when my 1100e was stock, i changed between 3 diferent countershaft sprockets and found the engine was so powerfull that all i noticed was the acceleration change with the lower ratio and the riding comfort with the larger countershaft sprocket.

Comment

Thanks scotty, i was thinking i wouldnt notice too much in a change in bottom end either, just because my bike seems to have a lot of power anyway. Thanks again, i'll try one tooth down in front.

Comment

Working...
      X