What bikes use 43mm fork tubes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What bikes use 43mm fork tubes?

I got some 1990 GSXR 750 forks off ebay for my GS550 Kat project and they were supposed to have the triples and clipons too....supposed to...

So I got the axle, brace, forks and lower triple. Missing the upper and clipons. What other bikes use 43mm tubes and does anything else use the same spacing and tube size as a 1990 GSXR-750?

I think I'd rather go with "clubman" type bars or something that clamped onto the upper triple clamp in this application but clipons would work if I needed them to... so having to get a triple off something else that uses a clamp type upper bracket really wouldn't be so bad.

/\/\ac

Most of the GSXR 600's up until they switched to USD units have 43mm forks. The Bandits and big Kats seem to use the same front end.

Comment

Thanks for the tip Billy... I'll keep that in mind if the forks really are 43mm.

They got shipped to my old address in NY and are on the way here now and the person sending them on for my isn't sure anymore if they are 41 or 43mm... argh.

Whatever 1990 GSRX 750 forks are I guess, we'll see.

/\/\ac

Comment

'88-'90 were the 43mm forks.

Comment

The Hinckley Triumphs from 1993-1996 have 43mm forks.

I have a very trick set of Pro Italia fully adjustable, billet, clip-ons, that are brand new in the package...... 43mm...... 3'' rise and 1'' back.

Comment

Honda VFR800
            Honda CBR600F4i
            Honda 1100XX
            RF600/900
            GSXR750/1100 88-90
            R6 99-04
            FZR1000 89-90

All bikes with 43mm tubes that use clipons.
            I compiled the data when looking for clipons for my Bandit 1200.

I went with Helibars designed for the 1100XX. They mount below the top triple and have enough rise to clear the bodywork. Bought on ebay for a little over $100.

Aftermarket triples should be avail;able for the GSXR- Vortex makes nice stuff.

Good Luck, Ed.
            2005 GSF1200SZ
            1992 900SS
            1983 GS750ED

Comment

Working...
            X