I FOUND IT!! Craziest exhaust ever!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I FOUND IT!! Craziest exhaust ever!

Check this out and tell me what you think. It kinda looks like a gimmick, but seems like it has potential to be really cool.

Run a search here and check it out.Dr. Campbell is a bit odd to say the least.I had the old V.H. pro pipe with the aluminum can on the bike before and this pipe out perfoms it,even at peak power.The old pipe did sound pretty good but this thing sounds abit better.Loud though.Check the gallery here, I don't know how the pipe shows in the pic but I'm sure you can see it.I also don't think that it'll ever scrape the ground.You can't use the center stand w/it.Don

Comment

he also invented the pill that turns water into gasolene/petrol

Comment

I don't think there's anything fundamentally wrong with this pipe, but it's not worth the money he wants for it. I would try it if it were cheaper....

Comment

Originally posted by yogib
          Run a search here and check it out.Dr. Campbell is a bit odd to say the least.I had the old V.H. pro pipe with the aluminum can on the bike before and this pipe out perfoms it,even at peak power.The old pipe did sound pretty good but this thing sounds abit better.Loud though.Check the gallery here, I don't know how the pipe shows in the pic but I'm sure you can see it.I also don't think that it'll ever scrape the ground.You can't use the center stand w/it.Don
          The center stand is coming off so I'm not worried about that. Is there anyway you can take more pix, or maybe even get a sound clip? I hate ordering stuff that I haven't seen on the bike before hand. It's either this or the MAC turnouts.

Comment

PM sent.Remember that auction is for the black pipe.

Comment

****, it is huh? I want chrome too. 175+ for chrome. Man that's high, or he's high, lol. I searched and read about half the previous thread. Lots of reading and not much out of the guy. Just a lot of President of USA promises.

Comment

Originally posted by fat_sac
                ****, it is huh? I want chrome too. 175+ for chrome. Man that's high, or he's high, lol. I searched and read about half the previous thread. Lots of reading and not much out of the guy. Just a lot of President of USA promises.
                Send him an e-mail... it's entertaining.

Comment

Both his patent links turn up nothing....

Comment

The guy is definately selling snake oil. There's no doubt about that!

The pipe should be decent. About like any other performance pipe out there. It's not the magic cure-all that he's selling on eBay though.....

Murray exhausts used this same pipe in the 80's. I wonder if he's stuck with a bunch of new old stock and trying to unload it on eBay with the outrageous claims?

Like I said, It should be a decent pipe, but I would only pay about half that for it.....

Comment

Yeah, I've decided to just go with the MAC turnouts. I like the asthetics more than anything. I've never heard MAC, but imagine it sounds cool enough.

I think I'm gonna send him en email just for the hell of it though. lol. I'll post his response.

Comment

Originally posted by fat_sac
                        Check this out and tell me what you think. It kinda looks like a gimmick, but seems like it has potential to be really cool.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suzuk...QQcmdZViewItem
                        Believe it or not, that "X" exhaust merge technology actually "can" make some serious hp gains on top end. Nascar cup cars have been using this same design for quite a few years now. I have absolutely no idea how that motorcycle exhaust would behave powerwise, but the basic scavenging theory does work.

Comment

I'll buy the fact that it can make great power in a narrow RPM band, and could be tuned for that operation. By default that also means it would have subharmonics that make it more efficient at certain other RPM's other than redline. It would also cause a cancellation at the points in between those points hurting performance. Just like all exhausts.

Stock exhausts are restrictive to the point of smoothing out these high and low points so that you get a good smooth delivery. Think of blowing into a trumpet.

Performance pipes are tuned for best performance at a certain RPM (like NASCAR). Think of blowing through a paper towel tube.

Comment

Entirely too much thinking of blowing for me! :shock:

Comment

:shock: Well I would like to see some actual dyno sheets proving those claims , I do understand his theories as people in the 2 stroke engine performance realm are very familiar with sound wave exhaust tuning .
                              A 2 stroke exhaust will actually supercharge the cylinders at a certain RPM . It will draw the air fuel mixture out of the cylinder into the exhaust and the sound waves off the reversion cone slam it back into the engine just before the piston closes the exhaust port :shock:

BTW I asked him a question about his product on e-bay LOL!!!
                              Last edited by Guest; 05-24-2006, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X