ohm ? on a 82gs1100 and brand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ohm ? on a 82gs1100 and brand

I need to order a new coil for my 82 gs1100 what is the correct ohms size and what would be a good brand of coil and wires
    I did use the search and did learn a few things , but I need to order parts today ASAP
    thanks

Here you go.
    Just what I put on my 83 GS1100E.
    Dyna coils 3.0 ohms.
    Work great and a great price.:arrow: http://www.z1enterprises.com/detail.aspx?ID=210
    I also went with the 7mm copper core wires
    Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
    2000 Kawasaki Concours
    Please wear ATGATT

Comment

If you want to get away cheap check Ebay for Katana, Bandit, or GSXR coils. You can usually pick up late model coils for $30 or less per set. The only GSXR coils that won't work are from about 2000 on. They got individual coils built into each plug cap.
      Last edited by Guest; 06-02-2006, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Thanks Thats What I Needed :-d

Comment

I put on a set of Accel coils on 3.0 ohms, but sure you get the right kind,like inductive or CDI. I have a chart from accel it's says that thay are Inductive. then i found out that I burned out my igniter and that was bad thay are expensive so I went with a Dyna signal generator that took the place of my igniter so I killed two birds with one stone .

Comment

Originally posted by crag antler
            Here you go.
            Just what I put on my 83 GS1100E.
            Dyna coils 3.0 ohms.
            Work great and a great price.:arrow: http://www.z1enterprises.com/detail.aspx?ID=210
            I also went with the 7mm copper core wires
            Just make sure that the plug caps are the resistor type if you use copper wires.

Comment

Working...
            X