• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pics of the ZRX shocks mounted, please...:-D

Comment

Originally posted by Ogri
      Here's one...

Damn, I have got to have me a mighty buffalo someday.
      Currently bikeless
      '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
      '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Originally posted by johnnay
        pics of the ZRX shocks mounted, please...:-D
        I can do that tomorow. I just need to take pictures before my fingers get a mess.
        You'd have to be crazy to be sane in this world -Nero
        If you love it, let it go. If it comes back....... You probably highsided.
        1980 GS550E (I swear it's a 550...)
        1982 GS650E (really, it's a 650)
        1983 GS550ES (42mpg again)
        1996 Yamaha WR250 (No, it's not a 4 stroke.)
        1971 Yamaha LT2 (9 horsepower of FURY.)

Comment

I wonder if a ZRX swingarm would bolt on to a 79 GS1000. As long as you got the brakes and all the other stuff it could work. I have no idea how wide either swing arm is. Hmmm...

Comment

Your wish is my command.
            You'd have to be crazy to be sane in this world -Nero
            If you love it, let it go. If it comes back....... You probably highsided.
            1980 GS550E (I swear it's a 550...)
            1982 GS650E (really, it's a 650)
            1983 GS550ES (42mpg again)
            1996 Yamaha WR250 (No, it's not a 4 stroke.)
            1971 Yamaha LT2 (9 horsepower of FURY.)

Comment

Aluminum swing arm on ebay

I'm watching it, but really don't intend to bid.

I bought a set of Progressive shocks and springs, but don't remember paying that much! I'll have to go back and check.

Comment

Thanks Nerobo - good pics. I was also hoping to see something from the original poster - like a close up of the aluminum swing arm that takes the clevis-equipped shock, to see how it was modified to take the bushing-equipped ZRX shock.

Comment

I haven't finished mounting them yet. I took the sleeve out of my stock shocks and turned it down a little to fit the upper ZRX shock to the stock mount. I still haven't decided what to do about the bottom.

I cut off the clevis of my stock shocks to use as a mount for the ZRX shocks but it would require a lot of grinding and welding to mount them. The bottom bushing would work with the stock bolt but it would locate the shock outboard instead of center, which would require spacing the top out as well. I don't know if that will put too much stress on the mounts. I'll try to take and post some pics to further explain.

Comment

Originally posted by jkevbriggs1
                    I wonder if a ZRX swingarm would bolt on to a 79 GS1000. As long as you got the brakes and all the other stuff it could work. I have no idea how wide either swing arm is. Hmmm...

Nope.

It's too wide by about 1/2".

If you want to try it, I have one I will sell you from a ZRX1100. Let me know
                    Last edited by Guest; 08-03-2006, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Anybody know if the 1980 GS1100E swingarm will fit a 1978 GS750E? I would like to keep my brakes etc.

Comment

I just fitted an '80 E arm to my '79 1000...bolted right in.

Comment

so here's what I did to mount the ZRX shocks: 1) knocked the inner sleeve out of the bushings of the old shocks, turned them down a little and used them as inserts on the ZRX shocks.2) cut off the clevis of the old shocks and welded them on the swingarm. Hopefully uploading the picture worked. I think it looks good and it made the bike much more stable in the turns.

Comment

no piccy...

Comment

Another try at a pic

Comment

A little bigger

Comment

Working...
                                X