Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shocks - 13" Eye to Clevis; Which models?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shocks - 13" Eye to Clevis; Which models?

Hi folks. I've contacted progressive to no avail. I need the 13" eye to clevis rear shocks for my GS1100L, but its not listed in their product guide. Does anyone else know any bikes that use this configuration?

I emailed progressive to no avail, but I may try calling them later if noone knows. Cheers.

Here's a guide from Works that might help you. It gives lengths but you may have to check out pics of shocks on Ebay to see how they mount.
    http://www.worksperformance.com/pdf/...ide/street.pdf

Comment

JC, I've been through the same thing with Progressive. It appears that they cater to Harley and other cruiser type bikes. I called them last week and they only carry one shock for the 1980/81 Suzuki GS1100ET/EX. I believe it is the same setup as your GS1100L model. Progressive's model is a 412. They can be purchased at Dennis Kirk or Bike Bandit(and I'm sure many other places). I'm interested in their 418 series. It is supposed to be a superior shock, however, it doesn't come in a "eye to clevis" model. I've considered fabricating some type of "eye to clevis" conversion and using a shorter shock. I'm not sure how this would effect the performance. Does anybody have any suggestions for premium shocks that will fit with the "eye to clevis" setup?

Comment

Originally posted by Buster Dog
        JC, I've been through the same thing with Progressive. It appears that they cater to Harley and other cruiser type bikes. I called them last week and they only carry one shock for the 1980/81 Suzuki GS1100ET/EX. I believe it is the same setup as your GS1100L model. Progressive's model is a 412. They can be purchased at Dennis Kirk or Bike Bandit(and I'm sure many other places). I'm interested in their 418 series. It is supposed to be a superior shock, however, it doesn't come in a "eye to clevis" model. I've considered fabricating some type of "eye to clevis" conversion and using a shorter shock. I'm not sure how this would effect the performance. Does anybody have any suggestions for premium shocks that will fit with the "eye to clevis" setup?
        Ikon/Koni are great - www.ikonsuspension.com

Comment

Thanks, I've heard good things about Hagon too, I guess I'll need to do some more research

Comment

Easy.

Find the phone number on their website, call it, ask for Rob. Tell him what bike you have and he'll quote you something like $225 for Progressive 12's with springs installed.

They don't list it on their website for some reason, but Cycle Recycle 2 is great to deal with. Be sure you tell them you were referred from the GS Resources!

~Adam

Comment

Thanks guys, I didn't know about the 12s with springs (NOT ON THE PROGRESSIVE WEBSITE, DOH!). I thought you just bought the "412"s. Adam, do you know if you can get the 12s with the chrome body? (or at least a chrome cap at the top?

Thanks again!

Comment

Check fitments for the CB750. They have the eye to clevis and are a bit longer than the GS shocks. IIRC they are about 13".

Comment

Adam, do you know if you can get the 12s with the chrome body? (or at least a chrome cap at the top?
                  Yep, should be able to. At the least, Rob can get you chrome springs too. Give him a call, mention the GSR.

~Adam

Comment

When I do it, I will be getting Works shocks for my 1100. They will make them look like anything you wish. Chrome, black, gold, fuchia... might as well get the gold, becasue they will cost you a lot of it.
                    Currently bikeless
                    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
                    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Working...
                    X