No announcement yet.

'82 Katana project complete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The standard running gear of the Kat may be well outdated, but the styling is as fresh as anything today. Take a look at how nicely the clocks sit next to the gixxer top clamp.

Comment

Very nice man. Keep at it.

Comment

looking good bro

what will you do for the engine?

Comment

A wider rear rim (17" 4.5") and tyre (160) means an offset sprocket so the chain will clear the rubber. Take a look at the quality of the welding.

Comment

Dang, man...I was really excited about replacing the steel OEM swingarm on my '79, with the later 1100 aluminum arm till I saw your photos! Oh well, maybe next project! : )

Comment

Pretty sweet.
              -Kevin

Comment

While all this has been going on, the motor was away being attended to. The donor bike had no engine, so an 1100e lump was found and called into action. Work includes a crank overhaul and a Wiseco 1166 Kit. You will notice the nice blue manual cam chain tensioner below the carbs.
                Last edited by Guest; 06-22-2006, 08:42 PM.

Comment

speaking of carbs, a nice set of 33mm smoothbores replaces the stock 34mm CVs.

Comment

I could get you some nice TSCC emblems to replace the scratched ones.

Looks great thought!

Comment

Thanks for the offer AOD, but I picked some up from a local dealer a little while back.

Originally posted by AOD
                      I could get you some nice TSCC emblems to replace the scratched ones.

Looks great thought!

Comment

With the motor ready, next job is to tape up the frame to protect all that nice new powder coating.

Comment

and keep on taping...

Comment

Beautiful work, keep it up. Ray
                            "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded" -Yogi Berra
                            GS Valve Shim Club http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=122394
                            1978 GS1000EC Back home with DJ
                            1979 GS1000SN The new hope
                            1986 VFR700F2 Recycled

Comment

Well done mate.Enjoying the pics.Keep them coming.

Comment

Getting the motor in the frame was not as hard as I had thought.
                                A trolley jack & two sets of hands was all that was needed. But only as one set of hands belonged to Katman :-P

Comment

Working...
                                X