No announcement yet.

'82 Katana project complete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O.....M....G.... That thing is absolutely gorgeous!! Nothing beat sthe look of an original style Katana. Nothing.
    Mike

1982 GS1100EZ

Text messages with my youngest brother Daniel right after he was paralyzed:

Me: Hey Dan-O. Just wanted to say howdy & love ya!

Dan-O: Howdy and Love you too. Doing good, feeling good.

Me: Give 'em hell, Little Bro!

Dan-O: Roger that!

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius086
      O.....M....G.... That thing is absolutely gorgeous!! Nothing beat sthe look of an original style Katana. Nothing.
      True that! Cant wait to see the cance hines pipe on that bad boy.
      Katanarama it looks low and mean!

Last edited by Guest; 07-04-2006, 12:06 AM. Reason: picture

Comment

Here is the bike's winter companion, none other than Katman's ride as mentioned here She was in good company
        Last edited by Guest; 07-05-2006, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by katanarama
          Here is the bike's winter companion. She was in good company
          Nice bikes, I heard back in '83-'84 that the bikes were uncomfortable to ride, How are Yours?

Comment

Originally posted by JokerCPoC
            Nice bikes, I heard back in '83-'84 that the bikes were uncomfortable to ride, How are Yours?

Low bars and a thin seat makes for a cramped ride for taller riders. I have a stock 83 and it is not as comfortable as the 1166 with the higher & wider GSX-R clip ons.

Comment

Low bars and a thin seat makes for a cramped ride for taller riders. I have a stock 83 and it is not as comfortable as the 1166 with the higher & wider GSX-R clip ons.
              Yeah, well I'm 6'1" and a bit on the heavy side, But I'm losing weight.:-D

Comment

I hear you bro', I am 6' 2" and need to lose some weight. Oh, getting a little old as well.... But the enjoyment of riding the bike pretty much blocks the cramping back and aching wrists. For the first 100Kms anyways :-D

Comment

I hear you bro', I am 6' 2" and need to lose some weight. Oh, getting a little old as well.... But the enjoyment of riding the bike pretty much blocks the cramping back and aching wrists. For the first 100Kms anyways :-D
                  6'2", Ok, I'm turning 46 on the 6th(Tomorrow), My weight right now is about 357.4lbs(I have a digital scale). My last bike was not exactly good in cross winds[Honda], But then It wasn't a Suzuki. I'm looking at either a 90's type 1100 Katana or something similar to the ride of an 1150es(I've owned two of them, an '84 and an '85), I've owned a few Hondas, a Yamaha and yep one Kawasaki Ninja 1000(It had a problem with the charcoal canister after going up a mountain grade on a fwy and then It wouldn't idle with having the canister filled with gas and It needed to be dryed out to idle again, It was in need of a new tank according to the dealer and the bike was used too, The ride was ok, almost like the 1150es[not quite], Just not as much heat and stock too, hence not too exciting either). Oh well, I'll have to keep looking for something to ride that I can get along with.

Comment

Originally posted by JokerCPoC
                    turning 46 tomorrow
                    Congrats brother! Grow old disgracefully I say Yeah, the air-cooled Kats are a little small for guys your size. If you don't want another 1150, consider an FJ1200. Solid motor, handles well and great for bigger chaps like ourselves. Watch for 2nd gear failure and worn out rear shock. You would probably be able to get a good one for $1200-1500, but they are getting hard to find like all bikes 12-15 years old.

Comment

Congrats brother! Grow old disgracefully I say Yeah, the air-cooled Kats are a little small for guys your size. If you don't want another 1150, consider an FJ1200. Solid motor, handles well and great for bigger chaps like ourselves. Watch for 2nd gear failure and worn out rear shock. You would probably be able to get a good one for $1200-1500, but they are getting hard to find like all bikes 12-15 years old.
                      Thanks, I'll look for an FJ1200 or maybe something of that size(ZX11D1 or '86-'87 ninja 1000r?) that isn't a pure crotch rocket.

Comment

bloody gr8 thread this - thx for the posts n pics...

cheers

Phark

p.s. - good comments on some of the issues us... erm... well built chaps have :-D

Comment

well since this thread's been hijacked to bits i'll add my 2 cents...

i'm 6 feet tall and no spring chicken at age 57 but love to ride my kat and yes it does feel small compared to my somewhat stretched and fat tired gs1100 but that's the beauty of it i guess, almost the same but real different! :?

and pharkmeh, just checked out the pics and love your gs1000s dude.

Comment

Originally posted by solo suzuki
                            Fine by me! I would rather see interesting off-topic discussion rather than a strict thread that is not as much fun.

I noted a few QLD locations of posters here so here is something waaaaaaaaaay off.-topic. Man, how was that last state of origin game!

Seriously tho'... Add the Kawasaki GTR1000 to the list of affordable bikes for big guys who don't want a racer.

Comment

Originally posted by solo suzuki

i'm 6 feet tall and no spring chicken at age 57 but love to ride my kat and yes it does feel small compared to my somewhat stretched and fat tired gs1100 but that's the beauty of it i guess, almost the same but real different! :?

and pharkmeh, just checked out the pics and love your gs1000s dude.
                              why thx m8 - I luv it - stock except for pods and neccessary jetting - could be really nice pulled down and cleaned up - but hey... its a daily work horse that goes way fast enough for me.... so I find it hard to fix what aint yet broke.... one day time and money permitting I'll make her pretty again....

Originally posted by Katanarama
                              Fine by me! I would rather see interesting off-topic discussion rather than a strict thread that is not as much fun.

I noted a few QLD locations of posters here so here is something waaaaaaaaaay off.-topic. Man, how was that last state of origin game!

Seriously tho'... Add the Kawasaki GTR1000 to the list of affordable bikes for big guys who don't want a racer.
                              true that - this really is a fun thread - and the piccys way kool for blokes like me not so savey with the mechanical

QLD ROCKS - we kicked butt with only 10 minutes to go and after being robbed by the referee twice..... geeze we're good \\/
                              ...we will return you to your programmed thread after a short break from our sponsers....:shock:

Comment

Working...
                              X