stage three jets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stage three jets

well i just ordered my stage three jetting kit hopefully it should get here for this weekend , it tells you to use the same brand 4 into 1 exhaust. i currently have the factory 2 into 1 duel exhaust with the cross over, i really don't want to give up the style of the duel exhaust for the performance of the ugly trumpet , my question is ,is it really worth it ?

cutter

what "mods" do you have that require stage 3 jetting?
    1980 Gs550e....Not stock...

Comment

Originally posted by brveagle
      what "mods" do you have that require stage 3 jetting?
      thats my question--stock exhaust too-- please dont mess with the bike if you wont put performance exhaust on first

Comment

Originally posted by scotty
        thats my question--stock exhaust too-- please dont mess with the bike if you wont put performance exhaust on first
        Right. Stage 3 is the wrong kit for stock exhaust.
        And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
        Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

After all the B/S I went through with my Dynojet Staqe 1 kit being sickly over rich, I simply cannot underdstand how any GS needs to step up that much in main jetting as suggested in the "stage 3" specs. On my 16V 1100, Dynojet recommended #110's for a bone stock bike, 115's for a 4 into 1 performance exhaust, and #130's for the Stage 3 "pods" kit ??!! My 1100 would not even rev up with the 115's because of an overly rich condition. I put the stock needles back in, used 110 mains, and bumped my pilots up to #60's, and my 1100 runs perfect.
          Last edited by Guest; 06-20-2006, 03:38 PM.

Comment

dont get sucked in by numbers--you cant tell a book by its cover--look at the new cc race and what dogs are being produced. Some folks deliberately will try to mislead you when it comes to any engine mods

Comment

thanks i will wait

well thanks for the advice , i am really excited about jetting my carbs but i think i am going to wait until the new pipes get here , i am not set against a 4into 1 pipe i just think they look a bit goofy i am however looking for a good mid to upper range cam nothing to wild i still would like the bike to be able to idle somewhat any suggestions

Comment

Originally posted by cuttercustom2
                well thanks for the advice , i am really excited about jetting my carbs but i think i am going to wait until the new pipes get here , i am not set against a 4into 1 pipe i just think they look a bit goofy i am however looking for a good mid to upper range cam nothing to wild i still would like the bike to be able to idle somewhat any suggestions
                The stage 3 kits I'm familiar with are designed to work with a quality 4-1 pipe AND K&N pod filters. It's very doubtful that even a part of the kit will work on your bike, even if you set up the jet needle at its leanest setting. Main jets will be too large. Even with a 4-1 pipe, you'll be too rich. Have you got pods but didn't mention it?
                If not, I'm not sure why you're plannng to go ahead with this.
                No point in a hotter cam either if the intake stays stock. Mod's should compliment each other.
                And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

air box chopped

the air box got chopped out before i got the bike. i have individual filters on it when i first got the bike , i hooked a manometer up to it and checked the difference with the filters on and off i am guessing they are clean because there was not any noticeable difference

individual filters/ pod filters same thing ?

Comment

i have a 79 gs750 with K&N pods, dyna ignition with 3ohm coils and resistor wires, and four staight drag pipes with no baffles. i had to go seven steps up to 135 mains to get it perfect and it took a lot of time getting there...checking plug color...ect. i also had to raise the needle all the way. the gs engine is an excelent air pump and if you eliminate the stock air box and pipes you really have to increase the fuel delivery quite a bit. oh and it idles like a dream! just a nice low soft lope. sounds like a harley for the first half of the throttle and a crotch rocket the second half...i love it.

Comment

Originally posted by cuttercustom2
                      individual filters/ pod filters same thing ?
                      Yes they are.

Comment

Working...
                      X