Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GSX1100 build up

Hi guys,

after lurking about for the good part of 18 months, I have kicked my project into gear.

1982 GSX1100.

fitted a 1995 GSXR1100 front end. very easy thanks to the info I have found here. thankyou Suzuki for making it so easy. Would you believe the castellated nut on the GSX, is the same dimensions as RGV and GSXR.. great as I laready have the special socket.

there are a few little questions I have but mostly the fit up was straightforward.

the forks are about 1 inch shorter than standard. I used bar risers to get the max forklength and a nice comfy ride. I could use underslung clip ons too i suppose but comfort would be gone.

Cheers

Ed

here are some pics.
    before, and after.
    old frumpy bike needing some TLC.

getting some TLC...

rear wheel.

1995 GSXR750 - 1100 wheel.
    GSXR1100 K caliper hanger.
    Hayabusa caliper and torque arm.
    GSX1100 sprocket carrier.
    GSX beaarings, GSXR middle spacer.

sprocket side spacer machined down 15mm.
    RH spacer machined down 2mm.

offset sprocket from AFAM Japan.
    so far so good, the sprockets look to line up using ruler. Yet to put the 530 sprocket on the rear ( have not yet ordered it). Just leaves me to get a tag welded on for the torque arm mount.

the caliper had to be spaced as well (on the caliper mount to caliiper bolts)using a couple of washers to centre it over the rotor.

Some nice 38mm CV slingshot carbs.. they fit over the std boots however some are cracked. where to get some new ones??

If you look real close you may be able to see the SRAD speedo sender i put on the crank end.
    just tack welded a bolt to the end of the crank, then put a threaded insert thru the sender mech. about .5mm out of centre but seems not too bad. hardest boit will be to mount the pick up.

Cheers

Ed

Comment

New intake boots are available at any Suzuki Dealer.
      Dink

Comment

Working...
      X