raking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

raking

Anybody think of this one?Do they make a triple tree with the trees angled so as to rake the front end a bit ,lowering the bike,or am I just getting tired?

Go to bed . . . . . .

Tho some new bikes have slightly adjustable front end rakes (Believe the TLR and a few GSXR's maybe a Duc or two)

OR you could save your $$$ and buy one of these

Sorry, Just had ta do it . . . . . .
    Touché

Thank you, Thank you everyone . . . . Oh please stay seated ! ! ! !
    Last edited by Guest; 06-26-2006, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mlaalm
      There's the rake, what about the trail?

Comment

I'll be here all weekend.Thank You very much. (bow,bow,).I will gladly take rousing from Mr. Mlaalm ,as long he sends a pic of his bike every time he posts....m

Comment

Try www.chopper-kits-usa.com .......They have raked triples for suzuki but,i am not sure if they have them for your particular bike.

Comment

Originally posted by mbelan
            Anybody think of this one?Do they make a triple tree with the trees angled so as to rake the front end a bit ,lowering the bike,or am I just getting tired?

Raked trees have been around. I dont know if any are available for your bike. Some GSXR stuff swaps with 1100-1150 front ends. I'm pretty sure you can find raked tress for teh GSXR. I know a guy who had some on his bike. Btw..it would probabl;y be chaeper to have your frame raked. I had mine done for about 400 bucks.

Check with Race Visions..Talk to Puppet and get his feedback on raked trees. I know he had some good input on the subject some years back. http://www.racevisions.net

Check here also....http://www.racevisions.net/tech-9.html

trust what Puppet says..hes been building the qiuckest bikes on the planet for many years.
            Last edited by gsbill; 06-26-2006, 06:08 PM.
            EULC ON

Comment

The most obvious question is WHY?
              As in WHY would you want to destroy the handling of a perfectly good motorcycle??FPS

Dink

Comment

Raking the frame improves handling for certain conditons..Mainly high speed straight line runs, like drag racing. Slight increases in rake will also cure a twitchy bike. the GS models have room for moderate rake increases without affecting all out handling.
                EULC ON

Comment

Originally posted by mbelan

I see youre in Mesa..Talk to Dave at Fast Track..He's up on Braodway near Gilbert somewhere. He raked my 1150 frame. He's in the phone book.
                  EULC ON

Comment

I would like to shorten up my swingarm and (un-rake) my 1150 a few degrees
                    Oh and also get some additional ride.height

Sounds like I need a Bandit . . . .
                    Last edited by Guest; 06-27-2006, 04:12 PM.

Comment

front end fab

Yes, you can rake it out some without any problem. Getting a shop to fab a triple tree and also a swing arm for the rear and you are on your way.
                      Use the wheels and tires you want, too.

Comment

Once you rake the neck, say 45 degrees and say, you added 6 inch longer tubes for that mean look but still want it to handle great. Then you install rake trees. Rake tree's bring the trail number back in line. Rake tree's are just one part of the puzzle used with raking a neck and longer forks.

You want to do it right cause you don't want a tank slapper later down the road.
                        1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
                        1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
                        1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
                        1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
                        01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

Originally posted by RacingJake
                          Once you rake the neck, say 45 degrees and say, you added 6 inch longer tubes for that mean look but still want it to handle great. Then you install rake trees. Rake tree's bring the trail number back in line. Rake tree's are just one part of the puzzle used with raking a neck and longer forks.

You want to do it right cause you don't want a tank slapper later down the road.

Raked trees take away trail. 45 degrees is way too much rake at the neck..You may be surprised at the cost to "fab" trees. the cheapest way to rake a bike is cut the neck.
                          EULC ON

Comment

That was just an example, like this;
                            Say you want 45 degree rake job on your bike, say stock trail is 5 inches at 28 degrees stock rake and you rake the neck to 38 degrees. Now the oil pan is hitting the ground so you you install 6 inch longer tubes wihich add a couple more degrees but with the rake job and tubes your trail is at 8 inches now and the bike is a dog at low speed. So you add some 5 degrees trees and your trail is back down to 6 inches and the bike is handling better at slow speed. When it's all done you got your rake where you want it at 45 degrees, you got ground clearance again plus your trail is back to almost normal. You got the best of 3 worlds.

The only problem is it costs an arm and a leg to do it.
                            Last edited by RacingJake; 07-15-2006, 01:56 AM.

Comment

This could help figure rake

RB Racing, rake, trail, chassis, Easy Rider, Dennis Hopper, Peter Fonda, Jack Nicholson, chopper,motorcycle, calculator, Harley, Harley-Davidson, FXR, Dyna, Softail

Comment

Working...
                              X