1150 EF updating project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally it´s finished !
    No not my EFE , but my vife´s cafe racer project . I´ve been helping her to build an old -67 350 cc Jawa to bling bling cafe racer .

Here is starting point :

and here is finished bike :

Comment

Holy smokies! That's cool!

Comment

Some updates after few month . It was "good" summer week ( raining ) to spend in garage .

I polished aluminium tail , what a job . Aluminium was too soft to get real mirror finish but after
        3 hours working it looks this :

Fitting seat :

and extended swingarm :

Comment

Originally posted by Blower View Post
          Finally it´s finished !
          No not my EFE , but my vife´s cafe racer project . I´ve been helping her to build an old -67 350 cc Jawa to bling bling cafe racer .

Here is starting point :

and here is finished bike :

You know how highly I think of your work so I feel comfortable criticizing only one aspect of the "new" look. In my opinion, the tank is all wrong for the bike. With all the beautiful flowing curves I would go back to the original tank, or perhaps put on a custom tank that picks up on the lines of the case covers. Other than that it's awesome!!

...And, as usual, the continued progress with your bike looks amazing ... truly inspired work!!!

Regards,

Comment

Thanks for your comments Planecrazy ! About that Jawa´s "new look" , she want to build it to look like a cafe racer and so we made .
            There is link to another pic , which is maybe better :

Comment

very nice job on both of them..

Comment

Could you tell me the purpose of one wheel sled?

Comment

Originally posted by lecroy View Post
                  Could you tell me the purpose of one wheel sled?

http://public.fotki.com/wla4245/nrrt...je2007057.html
                  one-wheel dirt drags (im serious)

and Blower, that is one of the best bikes i have ever seen. your work looks AWESOME. those pipes are a work of art and so is that tail section
                  Last edited by Guest; 07-28-2007, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Folloed your like till I found this gem..

Comment

I finally get a frame and other parts finished for the painting ( it´s are in the painter now ) and start with the engine . First thing I found was broken was inner clutch . The metal insert was loose in the hub . Now I need to buy new one . Hope that was the first and last thing broken inside the engine .

Comment

Do you have a source for a good one? Do you just need something stock?

Comment

Originally posted by lecroy View Post
                          Do you have a source for a good one? Do you just need something stock?
                          I know where I can buy/order new original inner clutch . If you know where to buy better than stock clutch basket ( cheaper than APE racing parts ) , I´m interested .

Comment

I have one that I will be pulling off my street bike the winter. It should be in good condition, but it's stock. By the time you buy the springs, rivets, billet basket, gear and backing plate the only thing you may be able to use is some of the oil residue.

I do see them from time to time on eBay. You may also want to look in the dragbike.com parts for sale listings.

I take it that your going to make that blower do something.
                            Just an FYI, I ran a turbo with about 7PSI on a stock 83 engine for years on the street with no problems. I later put a small slick under it. I never lost the basket or the clutch. You may not need much better than some good stock parts.

Comment

I´m going to buy new stock inner clutch , stronger back plate with hd-springs & rivets and new friction discs with stronger springs . I think thats enough for my applications .

I need to take apart rest of the engine and examine all parts .
                              Next week I´m going to port the cylinder head . Match intake manifold to the head and measure combustion chambers / smooth sharp edges .
                              I can take some pics , if you are interested .

Comment

"I can take some pics , if you are interested ."

You should know by now that several of us are always very interested in your photos. Your fab work is top notch!

I think your right about the clutch. Even the stock backing plates are fine as long as you put some tangs on the gear to support it.

I understand the port matching, but why port the head on a blower bike?

Comment

Working...
                                X