No announcement yet.

1150 EF updating project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I can say is "BITCHIN DUDE" I hope my project turns out as good as yours is :shock: We should race each other once mine is done. It would be MONUMENTAL race of the power adders "SUPERCHARGER vs TURBOCHARGER" it might be awhile for me though,but it`s coming along. Again very nice to see talent and imagination is still out there.

Comment

Incredible progress! I wish I had your resources, talent and patients. I cant wait to see the finished bike and read about the first test ride

Comment

The big day is closer !
        I´ve start with making wires to the EFI system .
        Fuel lines are in place , exhaust pipes are painted . Need to wrap header pipes and install
        exhaust pipes & muffler .

Comment

Originally posted by Blower View Post
          The big day is closer !
          I´ve start with making wires to the EFI system .
          Fuel lines are in place , exhaust pipes are painted . Need to wrap header pipes and install
          exhaust pipes & muffler .
          Some pics ...

Comment

What a job is to make new electronic system ! I´ve been working with it about 50 h and it´s
            not finished yet .
            Many other things are finished and assembled .
            Here is pic. of headers :

Comment

wild

gday blower, the bike is cool, can i ask, the fuel injection is from a mini, is that right? and how do you go about wiring the controller in to a suzuki wiring loom, even without the blower,fitting fuel injection on the bike would be awesome, bye bye carbies sounds great, regards

Comment

Originally posted by mac1170 View Post
                gday blower, the bike is cool, can i ask, the fuel injection is from a mini, is that right? and how do you go about wiring the controller in to a suzuki wiring loom, even without the blower,fitting fuel injection on the bike would be awesome, bye bye carbies sounds great, regards
                Gday Wild , Thanks for your comment .
                The supercharger is from Mini Cooper S and EFI is Mini Megasquirt . About wiring the bike , it take about one week to get ewerything work .

But...

It´s a few days after last update . I´ve been making some progress .
                All electronics are installed and working , without blinkers . I have not find a good place to blinkers
                and not good blinkers neither .
                I have made some new small parts and lifted oil cooler 30mm upwards ( in pics not lifted ) .
                Yesterday I try to start the engine , but poor results . Longest running time was maybe 3 sec.
                EFI-box needs some adjustments .
                Anyway it´s quite close to be finished .

Here is some pics :

Drivers view :

Sides :

And rear end :

Comment

Here is some pics..
                  Looks awesome! And nice job, matching the angles on both pipes!
                  Tony.
                  '82 GS1100E

Comment

That thing is badass. Can't wait to hear the report from your first ride.

Comment

It's looking very nice. Good to hear its trying to start anyway. I'm sure you will get it all working pretty soon now.

Where's the chain guard? Are you going to leave the tail natural? Did you cut the front fender to fit around the blower, looks a bit backwards to me.

Keep up the great work!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lecroy View Post
                        It's looking very nice. Good to hear its trying to start anyway. I'm sure you will get it all working pretty soon now.

Where's the chain guard? Are you going to leave the tail natural? Did you cut the front fender to fit around the blower, looks a bit backwards to me.

Keep up the great work!!!
                        Bike is not finished yet . I´m going to make the chain guard , install front spocket cover , install blinkers install new brake lines and make & install licence plate holder .
                        I´m going to leave the tail natural (maybe) .
                        Front fender is in it´s original length , but modified from sides .

Comment

electrics

gday blower,your bike is absolutely outrageous, world class man, with your electronics,lots of fuel injected bikes run sensors all over the motor, ie, throttle pos. crank sense.air temp, the list goes on, cars are just as bad, they even have knock sensors, but the 1150 motor doesnt have this, how are you overcoming this ,as the fuel computer needs this info?, regards

Comment

Originally posted by mac1170 View Post
                            gday blower,your bike is absolutely outrageous, world class man, with your electronics,lots of fuel injected bikes run sensors all over the motor, ie, throttle pos. crank sense.air temp, the list goes on, cars are just as bad, they even have knock sensors, but the 1150 motor doesnt have this, how are you overcoming this ,as the fuel computer needs this info?, regards

Gday Mac 1170,

I have picked all efi parts from cars (exl. efi controller ) . Most of parts are made by Bosch .
                            Fuel pump is from Saab 9000 turbo , injectors from Peugeot 505 turbo , TPS sensor from Volvo 850 , intake temp. sensor from BMW , throttle housing from Saab 9000 turbo , etc ...

There : http://www.megasquirt.info/ you can find some information about efi controller I have .

Regards

Comment

Blower, that bike just gets sweeter every time I see it! You are truly an artist, and what I see so far ranks as nice as anything I've EVER seen anybody fabricate!! I am really looking forward to seeing the finished bike - just a phenomenal job!!!

Regards,

Comment

Bike is not finished yet . I´m going to make the chain guard , install front spocket cover , install blinkers install new brake lines and make & install licence plate holder .
                                I´m going to leave the tail natural (maybe) .
                                Front fender is in it´s original length , but modified from sides .
                                Sounds like you have a little work left, but your in the home stretch. I like the looks without the guards. Man, I would just be scared to death to not run one is all. She's your baby, but I would go ahead with the paint. I like the looks of natural aluminum, just that it doesn't flow well to me with the other colors. Your sence of style is top notch! All your fab work looks very good. The only part I don't like is the support straps for the plenum. It would have been nice to hide them somehow is all.

Looking forward to your next update... A video or sound file of this thing purring would be very cool!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X