Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blower View Post
    Pic of my home made E-wheel

First off, ALL of it is cool as he11!! I am SOOOO impressed with your work!!!

Second, that (above) is no English wheel ... it's home-made, so that makes it a "Finnish Wheel" !!!

Like many others, I look forward to seeing the project continue to completion!

Best Regards,

Comment

This is a seriously great looking streetfighter. Excellent job, will love to see it when it's all done.

Comment

Thank you all of your comment´s !
        Next thing Im going to make is exhaust muffler . Im going to make it from stainless steel sheet ( 0.75 mm ) and TIG welded .
        I have to also make many small things before it´s ready to painter .

Comment

Originally posted by Blower View Post
          Thank you all of your comment´s !
          Next thing Im going to make is exhaust muffler . Im going to make it from stainless steel sheet ( 0.75 mm ) and TIG welded .
          I have to also make many small things before it´s ready to painter .

Thank You,Blower.Great pics!I like the wheel!That bike looks fast just sitting there!
          It is not who is right, but what is right, that is of importance. - Thomas Huxley

Comment

New muffler , made from 0.75 mm stainless steel sheet . It takes two days to made it .
            I don´t know should I polish it or not .

Comment

You are one talented dude!! I like the matte finish of the muffler ... I think it matches the aluminum work better than a polished finish would.

My .02

Comment

Originally posted by Planecrazy View Post
                You are one talented dude!! I like the matte finish of the muffler ... I think it matches the aluminum work better than a polished finish would.

My .02

I don´t know if it´s matches better the aluminium work in matte finish .
                I´m going to polish all aluminium parts ( not the battery box and the engine) .

Comment

Well, if you polish the aluminum to a high shine the "polished" stainless steel might work better...

Either way it's looking awesome!

Regards,

Comment

last week´s progress : installed "new" head light , made palce for the Mini Mega controller box , progressive throttle and a lot of small things .

Comment

Do you plan to take the whole thing back apart once you have finished mounting everything, to do the paint and motor work?

Is the motor in any condition to be run with the Mega thing, just to see if things work before the rebuild?

Comment

Originally posted by lecroy View Post
                        Do you plan to take the whole thing back apart once you have finished mounting everything, to do the paint and motor work?

Is the motor in any condition to be run with the Mega thing, just to see if things work before the rebuild?
                        Yes I´m going to take the whole thing apart for painting , polishing , etc .

Motor is in running condition , but all electronics missing .
                        When the whole thing is painted , rebuilt and all elctronics are made , then
                        is time for first engine running test ( if it starts at all ) .

Comment

There have been many comments about this guys talented efforts but words cannot capture how impressive it really is. Tell us about your plans for the motor's internals......when you have a spare moment to breathe. This piece of superb techno-craftsmanship has everyone anticipating its completion. Please post a video clip here or on youtube with a link to it so we can all revel in your accomplishment.

cheers.....

Comment

What this guy has going on in his garage makes most of us look like Mickey Mouse mechanics.
                            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                            1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

I am sure you can make it run. I can't wait to hear how the Mega thing works out. What's the plan for the paint or is that too far out yet?

Originally posted by firemun59 View Post
                              Please post a video clip here or on youtube with a link to it so we can all revel in your accomplishment.
                              cheers.....
                              YES!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lecroy View Post
                                I can't wait to hear how the Mega thing works out.
                                It should work just fine At least I have pretty good experiences with it.
                                Arttu
                                GS1100E EFI turbo
                                Project thread

Comment

Working...
                                X