1150 EF updating project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1150 EF updating project

Here is few pic´s of my project ( it take time before it´s ready to rock ) .
    It´s -86 1150 EF

and intake manifold ( not ready )

Blower is from Mini Cooper S ( Eaton M45 ) and fuel injection controller is
    mini Megasquirt .
    Front end is -91 GSXR .
    I´m going to change swingarm and suspension from -03 1100 GSXR , wheels and brakes from -99 600 GSXR .
    Make new exhaust , rear end , handle bar and many other parts .

A blown 1150?

!

Comment

Dood! I so wish I had time and money to play like this! Way cool! Keep at it man

Comment

I like your intake manifold, great example of CNC machining! Should be fun to tune that, I used to play with fuel injected 600 motorcycle engines in college.

~Adam

Comment

Nice, You siad the front is from a '91 GSXR, Is that an 1100, 600 or what?
          But It does look real nice, Keep It up!:-D
          Originally posted by Blower
          Here is few pic´s of my project ( it take time before it´s ready to rock ) .
          It´s -86 1150 EF

and intake manifold ( not ready )

Blower is from Mini Cooper S ( Eaton M45 ) and fuel injection controller is
          mini Megasquirt .
          Front end is -91 GSXR .
          I´m going to change swingarm and suspension from -03 1100 GSXR , wheels and brakes from -99 600 GSXR .
          Make new exhaust , rear end , handle bar and many other parts .

Comment

To Adam ,
            manifold is not CNC machined . I made parts with lathe and then weld together with TIG . Pressure box is 3mm aluminium and TIG welded together .
            It take few evenings to make it so long as it is in the picture . Tomorrow it shall be finished ( maybe ) .

Comment

To JokerCPoC ,
              Front end is from -91 1100 GSXR . I have rebuilt it ( new slide bushings , seals and oil ) and polished . Tripletrees are unmodified .

Comment

Gonna fix the blown head gasket?

Dink

Comment

Those wheels aren't from a 91 GSXR. They look like late model GSXR. Did you swap ou the bearings as the axle isn't the same diameter? Do the caliphers still fit?

What year front wheel and some specifics please.

Comment

To hungryman ,

Wheels and brakes from -99 600 GSXR .
                    I turn front axle from stainless steel with lathe to fit to front end and wheel .
                    Made allso new spacers to axle .
                    I going to turn spacers under front calipers and turn brake discs diameter to 6 mm smaller .

Comment

To Dink ,

I´m going to make total owerhaul to engine , allso lower comp. to 9:1 .
                      Boost is going to be under 10 psi. ( 0.69 bar ) .
                      Fuel injection is equipped with fifth injector before throttlebody to water/methanol injection ower 0.4 bar boost .

Comment

Intake manifold allmost finished :

Comment

See this guys, when your a machinist and have access to the machinery to do it you don't need no stinkin stock parts

It looks great man. Very well done and very clean work area. Very impressive.

Comment

Thanks Hoomgar ! I have taking pics in my office floor , not in the workshop .
                            I have access to use lathe , drilling/milling machine and water cooled AC/DC Tig + other tools in my working place ( passenger ship ) .
                            In my home i have workshop with DC Tig , ace.oxy. welder , column drilling machine , home made E-wheel and lot of hand tools .

Comment

Neat project. Are you going to run the output to a cooler? What injectors and throttle body are you using? Do you plan to mount the TB on the inlet to the blower?

We had a guy that ran a small roots blower on a GS750 back in the mid 80s at the local track. He had mounted the blower under the seat. I don't remember if he just made it a draw thru system or not.

Comment

Working...
                              X