No announcement yet.

1150 EF updating project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=lecroy]Neat project. Are you going to run the output to a cooler? What injectors and throttle body are you using? Do you plan to mount the TB on the inlet to the blower?

Not intercooler but water/alcohol injection before blower . Fuel injectors are Bosch 300cc/min and w/a injector 214cc/min .
    Throttle body is from Saab 9000 turbo ( in. diam. 2 3/16 ) and planned to mount to the blower inlet .

Comment

Originally posted by Blower
      Not intercooler but water/alcohol injection before blower . Fuel injectors are Bosch 300cc/min and w/a injector 214cc/min .
      Throttle body is from Saab 9000 turbo ( in. diam. 2 3/16 ) and planned to mount to the blower inlet .
      Why would you want to use water? I used to use water mixed with methanol in my drag bike when I ran pump gas. Later switched to just running methanol as a main fuel then switched back to gasoline but using the MSD 4 to control the timing. Something else you may want to consider, depending on the injectors they may not like the water mix.

300cc/min or 30 mL/sec (all four). It seems a bit more flow than what you need. How much power are you trying to make? Are you wanting to drive this on the street? Are you sure there will be enough resolution at the low end to make it run smooth?

Comment

Water/alcohol is used to cool downd charged air after 0.4 bar boost when secondary injector is activated .

I trying to make about 180 - 200 hp in crank and then those 300 cc/min ( 29 lbs/h ) are right size .

Im going to ride it on the street and sometimes maybe on the strip .

Main reason why I building this project is because itīs fun and itīs totally different than harley ( iīve been building harleys over ten years ) .

Comment

200HP should not be a problem. Are these the injectors used by the Harley's?

Comment

Originally posted by lecroy
            200HP should not be a problem. Are these the injectors used by the Harley's?
            No , injectors are from 505 Peugeot turbo and the secondary injector is from Saab 9000 turbo .

Comment

Ah, old car parts! Seems like a good source. I would like to see a shot of the intake with TB once you have it mounted.

How did you calculate the required 300cc/min at 200HP?

Comment

Originally posted by lecroy
                Ah, old car parts! Seems like a good source. I would like to see a shot of the intake with TB once you have it mounted.

How did you calculate the required 300cc/min at 200HP?
                By the book : Supercharged ( desing , testing and installation of supercharger systems ) by Corky Bell .
                ISBN 0-8376-0168-1
                ( maximum hp x 0.55 ) / number of injectors = pounds/hour
                pounds/hour x 10.5 = cc/min

TB comes in the blower intake not in the intake manifold ( draw through ) .

Comment

Seems a bit simple of a model. Where does the 0.55 come from?

I think we are saying the same thing. I assume the TB is mounted to the low pressure side of blower. I would like to see a picture of the TB mounted to the blower.

Comment

This is from www.megasquirt.info :
                    Injectors that have too large a flow rating will make it difficult to tune the engine at idle and cruise. Injectors that have too small a flow rating can starve the engine of fuel at full power, and seriously damage your engine. To determine how big your injector's flow rating should be, multiply estimated horsepower (HP) of your engine by the brake specific fuel consumption (BSFC)* and divide by the number of injectors and the desired duty cycle and you will get a rough estimate of injector size:

InjectorSize = (HorsePower * BSFC) / (#Injectors * DutyCycle)

for example, a 135 horsepower gasoline fueled 4 cylinder engine with 2 throttle body injectors and 0.55 brake specific fuel consumption gives:

(135 HP * 0.55 lb/hr/HP) / (2*.85) = ~ 43.7 lb/hr

Injectors rated between 42 and 45 lb/hr would be okay in this case.

It will take some time before i have time to make adapter between blower and TB , but when itīs done i will put some pics.

Comment

It seems also that you would need to take your HorsePower * BSFC and divide by the nomalized weight of the fuel.

So, for example say your BSFC was 0.88. Say you use the same gasoline I use, Torco MACH 118 NOS, the Specific Gravity is .725 @ 60 deg F. Weight of 1 gallon of water is 8.345404 lbs.

Fuel flow = (HP * BSFC)/(normalized fuel weight), so say 200 * 0.88 = 176 and 8.345404 * .725 = 6.0504. Or, 29 gallons per hour or 0.0080804 gallons / sec. = 30.6 ml/sec. This is the total you would need to flow. Say that you use four injectors, each needs to flow 7.65 mL/sec or 460 mL / minute.

I guess its going to come down to your BSFC number. Where did you come up with 0.55?

Are the injectors from the 505 rated at the 300cc/min with an 85% on-time?

Comment

From www.megasquirt.info :
                        *BSFC is the amount of fuel your engine uses to make 1 horsepower for one hour. It is usually between 0.42 and 0.58 at wide open throttle. Normally aspirated engines with efficient combustion processes are at the lower end of the BSFC scale [~0.45], supercharged engines tend to be towards the higher end [~0.55].

Bosch Nr: 0 280 150 200 injector :
                        300cm3/min (29.0 LBS/HR) (3.0 bar)(43.5 PSI)BMW/PEUGEOT(N9TEU)

Comment

holey crap.....

and you guyz have the cheek to say Im hard to understand....

i dont think i saw a post here I could recognise as english....

ffs....:shock:

Comment

OK blower, I see the problem. I was thinking methanol for the BSFC numbers. I agree, the 0.55 should be in the ball park. You need to build a little engine dyno next.

Comment

Belt drive allmost finished .

Comment

Some new pics :

Parts for blower intake ,

Finished intake ,

Comment

Working...
                                X