No announcement yet.

1150 EF updating project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You do realize that after all this teasing, when you finally have that thing running and hit the track with it, we want a video clip! :twisted:

Comment

How ya going to route the header pipes around all that extra hardware up front??
      Mike

1982 GS1100EZ

Text messages with my youngest brother Daniel right after he was paralyzed:

Me: Hey Dan-O. Just wanted to say howdy & love ya!

Dan-O: Howdy and Love you too. Doing good, feeling good.

Me: Give 'em hell, Little Bro!

Dan-O: Roger that! :)

Comment

I´m going to route pipes on left side of engine , between front wheel and
        blower intake . Is there any idea to wrap header pipes ?
        Maybe next week I have somthing to show .

Comment

Something like this? http://www.jscspeed.com/index.html?/univ/thermotec.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Throttlejockey
            Yes . It maybe holds engine and blower a bit cooler .

Comment

How much compression are you going to run? Stock cams? and timing?
              Very nice project, different!

Comment

I am looking forward to seeing this bad boy complete. I just picked up an 1150and have been wondering what to do with it............
                Great job for taking on such an extravagant project. So many turbos out there nice to see a blower.
                FANTASTIC!!
                KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

Blower intake with throttle body installed and first primary header pipes welded :

and the rest of the primary pipes :

All primary pipes are allmost same length ( +- 1/2" ) .

Comment

Un-be-leivable !!! NOW I DON'T KNOW WHETHER TO GO NUTS ON MY BIKE, OR LOCK MYSELF IN A ROOM AWAY FROM ALL TOOLS (could be safer).
                    Not to sideline this fascinating thread, but I am looking for a back wheel (3.5") from an 86 1150, to update the rear end of my 83 750 ES. Any chance you still have the original?

Comment

Originally posted by Hoomgar View Post
                      You do realize that after all this teasing, when you finally have that thing running and hit the track with it, we want a video clip! :twisted:
                      Hopefully with a full audio track. This thing is going to sound sweet!

Comment

Not much progress on this week . Modified fuel tank to fit over fuel rail
                        and made stainless "pipe" to air cleaner .

Comment

Looks like your making some great progress. It will be interesting to see how well this thing runs once its done. We had an old blown Kaw street bike show up at the last all bike meet. Once again, the blower was behind the engine. What was the reason you chose to put it up front?

Comment

Originally posted by lecroy View Post
                            What was the reason you chose to put it up front?
                            To get more leg room ( belt drive ), better blower cooling , better flowing plenum/manifold and better fuel injector locating .
                            And one more tihng , it´s more agressive looking in front of the engine

Comment

Originally posted by Blower View Post
                              And one more tihng , it´s more agressive looking in front of the engine
                              Ah..

I think all the old street bikes I have seen were setup with a draw thru carb. It looks like you will have to pull the header to get to the filter. Will you be able to leave the blower on?

What does the blower need for oil flow / pressure?

Comment

Originally posted by lecroy View Post
                                Will you be able to leave the blower on?

What does the blower need for oil flow / pressure?
                                Leave the blower on ??!!

Blower does not need any oil flow/pressure . Drive/(gear) end of the blower is lubricated with its own oil and the other end bearings are lubricated with some high speed vaseline .

Comment

Working...
                                X