No announcement yet.

1150 EF updating project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, the crankcase engine oil filter. That is gonna be a bear to change, isn't it?
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Stupid me !

I have to take off blower and header to change oli filter , maybe .
      There is some inches between engine and blower .

Comment

Originally posted by Blower View Post
        Blower does not need any oil flow/pressure . Drive/(gear) end of the blower is lubricated with its own oil and the other end bearings are lubricated with some high speed vaseline .
        Too bad that there was not a better way to change the filter.

When you say "its own oil" is there some sort of reservoir built around the drive gears? I would have never guessed vaseline. How often does it need to be serviced?

Comment

Originally posted by lecroy View Post
          When you say "its own oil" is there some sort of reservoir built around the drive gears? I would have never guessed vaseline. How often does it need to be serviced?
          This is from Magnusson supercharger site :

14. Is the Eaton Supercharger easy to service? The supercharger is serviced as two units, the nose drive and the supercharger itself. The rotors are supported by ball bearings in front and needle bearings at the rear The drive gears are pressed into place and require precise timing to achieve proper rotor to rotor clearances. Therefore, the supercharger is replaced as a unit, and is not serviceable. The supercharger also has a self-contained oiling system that does not require a fluid change for the life of the vehicle.

Comment

Stupid me !

I have to take off blower and header to change oli filter , maybe .
            There is some inches between engine and blower .
            Probably want to consider a remote oil filter unit. I've seen this done on other bike previously. This would allow for some more flexibility, and make your life far easier in servicing the bike.

Comment

The supercharger also has a self-contained oiling system that does not require a fluid change for the life of the vehicle.
              Nice. Darren Mayer's shop is just a hop and skip from me.

DMPE Inc. is the leading manufacturer of high performance top fuel and alcohol superchargers used in drag racing worldwide. Now offering performance parts and accessories.

Every time I have been there they are rebuilding the larger blowers. He had a couple of cars running at the local track this summer. Impressive.

Do you think you will have the bike ready for next summer or are you thinking a couple of years out?

Comment

Originally posted by lecroy View Post
                Do you think you will have the bike ready for next summer or are you thinking a couple of years out?
                I think it´s ready at least in may 2007 .

Comment

Your a fast worker! Well, a lot faster than I am. I was thinking to get the engine rebuilt, mock up something with the mega squirt and all that finish work would take a lot more time. Looking forward to the next picture post.

Comment

I think I"m in love. Now, who wants to try this on a GS550
                    You'd have to be crazy to be sane in this world -Nero
                    If you love it, let it go. If it comes back....... You probably highsided.
                    1980 GS550E (I swear it's a 550...)
                    1982 GS650E (really, it's a 650)
                    1983 GS550ES (42mpg again)
                    1996 Yamaha WR250 (No, it's not a 4 stroke.)
                    1971 Yamaha LT2 (9 horsepower of FURY.)

Comment

1st of all, let me say "Impressive".
                      I know what work is involved in building your own Turbo System (built mine), I can imagine the blower presents some similar issues.

The placement in front looks agressive on the 1150, on the gsxr1k's they are in front too, but not as visible as the bodywork covers them.

I hope your progress continues to be fruitfull, and await progress & more pics.

Peace,
                      on

Comment

Thanks for all comments . Last week I weld the middle part of exhaust ( under the engine ) and this week ( working week in the ferry ) Im going to
                        make a pop off valve .

Comment

That looks AMASING! How much power increase do you expect?

Comment

Originally posted by Rake78GS View Post
                            That looks AMASING! How much power increase do you expect?
                            Maybe 50 - 100 hp more from rear wheel .

Comment

That is Soooooooo impressive! Nice clean work, too!! I'm just starting to master basic MIG welding, though I imagine with the TIG it's easier to get nice looking welds since a TIG is so much more precise a tool to work with...

Great job with the pics, too! Sometimes it's easy to blow off taking the pics as you go along, so congrats on your perseverance as well! Like the others I look forward to seeing and hearing the video when it's up and running!

Regards,

Comment

Back in progress again . Installed "new" swingarm , rear suspension and rear wheel . Modified and "shaved" frame .

Comment

Working...
                                X