1150 EF updating project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two words: Holy S**T!

I would love to send pics of this bike to Jesse James. NOTHING he has built has even come close to the ingenuity of this bike.

'Course, he'd probably look at it and say "It needs flames, dude."

I think I'm more impressed with this than my brother building a turbine bike. Definitely want to see pics of the finished project.

Great job!

Comment

I have never seen one mounted like this. Doesn't the whole thing pivet?

Comment

are you talking about the steering stabilzer?

thats the way most modern sport bikes do it.
        78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
        82 Kat 1000 Project
        05 CRF450x
        10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Yes. It's a very clean setup. All of my bikes are old and I dont get out much. Even the 94 still runs it along the side.

Comment

Originally posted by Blower View Post
            This is from Magnusson supercharger site :

14. Is the Eaton Supercharger easy to service? The supercharger is serviced as two units, the nose drive and the supercharger itself. The rotors are supported by ball bearings in front and needle bearings at the rear The drive gears are pressed into place and require precise timing to achieve proper rotor to rotor clearances. Therefore, the supercharger is replaced as a unit, and is not serviceable. The supercharger also has a self-contained oiling system that does not require a fluid change for the life of the vehicle.
            DON'T believe this advice from Magnussen!!!! I rebuild superchargers and turbochargers. Not changing the oil in the nose drive allows all the little particles to erode the coupler. I have earned a lot of money from people who beleive they don't need to change the oil in their Eaton charger. The oil is available from a GM dealer. Change every 20,000 mi.

Comment

Hi there again !
              After couple of weeks working I have something to show .
              I´ve started "mock up" with efe . Welded some new fasteners to frame , overhauled the blower ,
              changed swingarm to mock up swingarm , cut off swingarm ends from the "final swingarm" ( I decided
              to have welded extensions ) and made pressure tube between blower and intake + some other small things .

"shortened" swingarm :

pressure tube :

side pic. of project :

Comment

That is a work of art! Can't wait to see it at it's completion.

Comment

I really like it!!! gets a few wheels turning in my head The mini cooper blower is a touch of genius. Ebay here I come!

Comment

When you first posted I was thinking, man this is a big job. Your doing a hell of a job with it. Some very nice fab. work. Are you planning to stay with the stock looking body or do you have something up your sleeve?

Comment

Originally posted by lecroy View Post
                      When you first posted I was thinking, man this is a big job. Your doing a hell of a job with it. Some very nice fab. work. Are you planning to stay with the stock looking body or do you have something up your sleeve?
                      It is a hell of a job , feels like it newer ends ( hell on earth ) .
                      Fuel tank is only stock part of body I think to save . I,m going to make new rear end and some other body parts from aluminiun sheet .

Here is a pic of new laser cut brake rotors . Hope those working faultless (own desing) .

Comment

I get an early christmas present from my wife . One week to work with my bike without any interruption . Maybe 8 -10 hours / day .
                        I get finished new handlebar ( stainless steel ) , foot controls , exhaust headers .
                        I begin to made new seat and rear end of frame ( all from aluminium ).

Comment

Nice update -- that looks Kick A$$!!!

Comment

Seriously nice work there man.

What kind of exhaust is that? Lots of work went into it for sure - look at all those welds!

Your bike is going to be sweet when it's all done!

Comment

Man, your making a lot of progress. I was wondering if you took any pictures of the drive shaft for the blower. What are you planning to use for a pickup for the ignition, and is it mounted under the blower plate?

In the new pictures, it appears the tail section is mocked up in sheet metal. Are you planning to make some sort of mold to make a glass tail for it? Continues to look great!

Comment

Originally posted by lecroy View Post
                                Man, your making a lot of progress. I was wondering if you took any pictures of the drive shaft for the blower. What are you planning to use for a pickup for the ignition, and is it mounted under the blower plate?

In the new pictures, it appears the tail section is mocked up in sheet metal. Are you planning to make some sort of mold to make a glass tail for it? Continues to look great!
                                I don´t have any pic´s of drive shaft , but when I next time taking it apart I´m going to take some pics . Ignition/injection pic up is between engine block and blower shafts support bearing . Triggerplate is homemade and pic up is from -85 Opel Ascona ( Hall pic up ) .
                                Here is A-cad drawing of support plate , trigger plate (cup ) and drive shaft :

I´m going to make whole tail section of aluminium sheet . A lot of hammering , bending , grinding and polishing before it is finished .
                                After christmas I maybe have somthing new to show .

Comment

Working...
                                X