No announcement yet.

1150 EF updating project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could not tell from the drawing, but did you embed the mags into the shaft, or does the hall sensor your using have a mag on the backside?

Also, I don't know anything about the mega squirt but can it do the timing curve? Is the pickup just fixed and you adjust everything with software?

Comment

Originally posted by lecroy View Post
      I could not tell from the drawing, but did you embed the mags into the shaft, or does the hall sensor your using have a mag on the backside?

Also, I don't know anything about the mega squirt but can it do the timing curve? Is the pickup just fixed and you adjust everything with software?
      I am having one assembled to use for mine-

here's some helpful answers: http://www.megasquirt.info/

Q. What if I need ignition control as well?
      A. If you need electronic ignition control as well as fuel control (i.e. you can't, or don't want to, run a 'standard' distributor), you have a few options.
      One option is the MegaSquirt'nSpark-Extra code by James Murray and Phil Ringwood on code that runs several ignition modules (including GM 7 pin HEI, Ford EDIS, and TFI, and a few others). It also has many other enhancements, like 12x12 VE tables, and much, much more. You can find out more at the MSnS-E site and ask questions in the MSnS forum. Another option is the MegaSquirt-II daughtercard for MegaSquirts that will run the GM 7-pin HEI, GM DIS, and Ford EDIS, as well as some others yet to be determined. It also has dual 12×12 VE and AFR tables, as well as an independent 12×12 spark advance table and stepper motor IAC control. You can find out more at the MegaSquirt-II site and ask questions at the MegaSquirt-II forum.
      There are other, older possibilities out there, like MegaSpark, but these are less well supported.
      These run on standard (or slightly modified) MegaSquirt hardware. See Colin Gebhart's MegaIgnite page for more information.

Comment

It have a mag on the backside .

Comment

Are you going to try and use the MS like Busa suggests to control an ignition?

I was thumbing through the links and am amazed at how much they are doing with this project.

Busa, are you just having someone you know build it, or are buying it assembled and tested? Are you planning to just use it for injection, or are you going to try and do some sort of ignition control as well? I would like to hear about what you guys do with this.

Comment

I was thumbing through the links and am amazed at how much they are doing with this project.
            Yes , mine MS is built by Arttu . He has same MS in his turbo GS 1000 .

Comment

Busa, are you just having someone you know build it, or are buying it assembled and tested? Are you planning to just use it for injection, or are you going to try and do some sort of ignition control as well? I would like to hear about what you guys do with this.
              I am buying it from someone I met on the suzukihayabusa.org board-
              Assembled,Tested, and a pre-installed base map, 3bar sensor, with logging, wideband o2, a cable for downloading, etc etc etc/

Yes, I will be using it to control my injection & ignition.

I can justify 450 for one ready to go, just not 1500 to 5k :shock: for what others use~

I am budget minded to say the least/

I use a PC2 for my 2000 it controls the fuel and ignition, it just cannot run 4 more injectors as is.

I do know one of the member says he modifies them so you can run 2 in series and control 750cc injectors silk smooth/ (no need for secondaries)

If the megasquirt is as promoted from others, then I will more then likely use it on the 82 GS1100EZ I bought a month or so ago, it is waiting for me in Florida.

Going to make my own injection setup for the 82 GS, but that is some time off from now 8-[

Comment

Originally posted by Blower View Post
                Yes , mine MS is built by Arttu . He has same MS in his turbo GS 1000 .
                Looking good Blower- keep up the good fab work \\/

Comment

Blower: Where would I get some of those exhaust flanges? I could have some cut out but if someone already makes them it might be cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by RotaryRodder View Post
                    Blower: Where would I get some of those exhaust flanges? I could have some cut out but if someone already makes them it might be cheaper.
                    I don´t know . I made mine from 6mm steel plate .

Comment

I´v been working with rear end , what a fuc** work ! A lot of hammering , bending , grinding and some polishing .
                      Not ready yet but fairly near .
                      Allso finished swing arm extensions and hammered those in to swing arm .
                      Next week I´m going to weld extensions .

Comment

Nice work..
                        Realy like the tail section.
                        And to think I could have got one like that last summer and passed on it.
                        Think I'll go pin a KICK ME sign on my back and walk around downtown.....

Comment

Ok,I can't take it anymore!I have been secretly devoted to this project thread from the start.It's been 3 weeks since the last update.Please feed me(I mean us..) more!...
                          It is not who is right, but what is right, that is of importance. - Thomas Huxley

Comment

man that thing rules

well done on all the work

cheers dave

Comment

Originally posted by kilroy View Post
                              Ok,I can't take it anymore!I have been secretly devoted to this project thread from the start.It's been 3 weeks since the last update.Please feed me(I mean us..) more!...
                              Sorry about that but that EFE is´t only project bike I´ve been working with .
                              Only thing I have done to efe is battery box/holder . I can put some pics later .

Comment

Here is pics of battery box and swing arm with welded extensions .

Pic of my home made E-wheel

Comment

Working...
                                X