1150 EF updating project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[img][http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/Blower1/efe2.jpg[/img]

That would be very good for a stock motor. I think they rated my 83 at 108. Even with the larger bore, the CR is so low its most likely below stock. Not sure why fuel injection would net anything. Certainly more flexible and smoother. If you can make 200HP with it, I suspect the stock clutch will have a bit of a time. The motor I am running now has no head work, other than springs and valve job. Springs I use now are massive compared to the last heavy duty ones I had. Suspect your intake will have the same problem. Cams are pretty much stock. Put most of the money in the clutch, crank and transmission to try and get it to live.

Any plans to get the bike on a dyno to get the setup close? Would be cool to see what sort of numbers it comes up with.

Comment

You guys (Blower and Lecroy) amaze me. To even fathom what you guys are talking about just blows my ****ing mind!! I love just hearing you guys talk about specs and everything else. I am in awe and have the utmost respect for you guys and everyone else who understands what they are talking about. There is my 2 cents and keep doing what you guys are doing!!!!!!!!" :-D

Comment

Originally posted by lecroy View Post

That would be very good for a stock motor. I think they rated my 83 at 108. Even with the larger bore, the CR is so low its most likely below stock. Not sure why fuel injection would net anything. Certainly more flexible and smoother. If you can make 200HP with it, I suspect the stock clutch will have a bit of a time. The motor I am running now has no head work, other than springs and valve job. Springs I use now are massive compared to the last heavy duty ones I had. Suspect your intake will have the same problem. Cams are pretty much stock. Put most of the money in the clutch, crank and transmission to try and get it to live.

Any plans to get the bike on a dyno to get the setup close? Would be cool to see what sort of numbers it comes up with.
        I have to get bike on dyno , if I like to get it legal . Here in Finland if you put turbo or sc in your car or motorcycle you have to show that you havenīt got more than 20 % gain on power . So I need to make at least two dyno run , one for authorities and other to get motor tuned to max .
        I bought nearly new MTC clutch basket from ebay , so it should last as well as new oem hub I have . Clutch spring are stronger than originals .

Comment

Originally posted by Blower View Post
          Intake manifold allmost finished :

Sweet sweet sweet!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Blower View Post
            I bought nearly new MTC clutch basket from ebay , so it should last as well as new oem hub I have . Clutch spring are stronger than originals .
            I was thinking that the clutch would slip more than anything.

Once you start getting some good power out of it on the Dyno you will know. Heck the tire may not come close to sticking so the clutch may not be a problem.

20 % gain on power, LOL!! Thats only 22HP for the 83. Do you have to pay them to look the other way when you crank it up? Or do you just tell them it was 200HP stock?

Comment

I was thinking that the clutch would slip more than anything.

Once you start getting some good power out of it on the Dyno you will know. Heck the tire may not come close to sticking so the clutch may not be a problem.

20 % gain on power, LOL!! Thats only 22HP for the 83. Do you have to pay them to look the other way when you crank it up? Or do you just tell them it was 200HP stock?
              No , I just need to show them the dyno run sheet ( the right one LOL ) .
              Itīs kind of stupid system . If I buy an original Harley sportster with massive 60 hp and then I port the heads , more comp. , better carb & exhaust and buell racing cams . Itīs nearly 100 hp and itīs legal .
              Same bike and turbo & same 100 hp = illegal bike .
              And more fine things from Finland . If your bike or car is post -90 modell and equipped with aftermarket sc or turbo , you need to run acceptable emission run . But here in Finland is not any company who can or will do it !!
              You have to go to Sweden with your bike or car and make that emission run there .
              Expencive ? No ... if about 1200 $ is not expensive .

Comment

Is that US dollars or EUROs? Both ways, thats pretty bad. Is there any special provisions for show bikes or antiques? Wonder with your bike being a pre 90 model if it would matter?

Here, depends on the state. Insurance is the biggest problem I have.

Comment

Actually the emission test run in Sweden costs close to 3000 Euros, as far as I know. And price is the same regardless if you pass or fail the test I think that here in Finland are couple of companies that do emission tests for cars but they don't have suitable equipments for bikes.

Yep, vehicles are under special care of the state in here. We haven't yet talked about vehicle taxation and it's consequences :-D (Better to not start at all.) It really needs a bit more studying and determination if you are going to get some more radical modifications approved for the road.
                  Arttu
                  GS1100E EFI turbo
                  Project thread

Comment

My 1150 had 1229 cc, cam motion g-4 cams, 38 flat slides, oversize valves,head porting ETC. With the nitrous it was near 200 hp. with a fresh clutch and heavy duty springs it ran 9.97 @149.7 mph on the little bias ply 130 stock tire no wheelie bars and stock chassis with a 720 lb combined rider and bike weight. After only a few thousand street miles on the clutch, and about twenty passes over a few month period, the springs were not enough to keep the clutch from slipping when I sprayed it. I would suggest a slipper clutch or always keep yours fresh.

Comment

Originally posted by ArttuH View Post
                      Actually the emission test run in Sweden costs close to 3000 Euros, as far as I know.

It really needs a bit more studying and determination if you are going to get some more radical modifications approved for the road.
                      Long time no hear.. How is that bike of yours running now?

Dang, thats more than my 1100 is worth!! I take it that you can build them for race use and not have to pay these high prices?

Man Skip, that's a lot of power on a stock bike. It's always fun to talk HP numbers. I used to run a turbo on my 1100 street bike. That thing was a death trap with much less power!!

Comment

Dang, thats more than my 1100 is worth!! I take it that you can build them for race use and not have to pay these high prices?
                        My GS has been on hold last six months due to house building. But last weekend I started to work on it again. The wiring harness is real pain to make but now it's close to ready. I hope to fire her up quite soon.

Yep, that emission test is ridiculous expensive, even compared to price of a new bike. Fortunately it's not needed for race use, only if you want your charged bike road legal.
                        Arttu
                        GS1100E EFI turbo
                        Project thread

Comment

I get my special bypass valve finished . It takes 8 hours to made it .
                          Itīs spring loaded and vacuum/pressure operated . Pipe diam. is 1" .

Comment

very nice, what did you put inside of that?

Comment

Originally posted by RotaryRodder View Post
                              very nice, what did you put inside of that?
                              Two pistons , piston rod , spring , o-rings , M5 nuts & washers and grease .

Comment

Man Skip, that's a lot of power on a stock bike. It's always fun to talk HP numbers. I used to run a turbo on my 1100 street bike. That thing was a death trap with much less power!!
                                The bike was a a pain to get down the track with the spray. It would wiggle wobble all the way down the track. I added a steering stabilizer and it helped a little. If you sprayed too early it would either spin or snap wheelie. When I ran the 149 mph pass I spayed the top of second gear and on up. It stuck for a change. I often wonder what the bike would have been capable of with a slick and a wheelie bar.

Comment

Working...
                                X