No announcement yet.

1150 EF updating project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice looking part. I assume the spring is on the bottom and pushed the valve closed. Vacuum hookup seems to close the valve too? Seems backwards to me.

Ah, your bike was also a death trap Skip. If your bike and you are 720 LBs compared to my 730 and your 200HP compared to my 170ish? and you ran a 9.97 @149.7 compared to my 8.5s 150s, I would expect you to fly into outer space with tire, chassis, bar and clutch. Seems you had way more power than you could use with that thing. Will be interested in hearing how the blower bike handles with that same amount of power.

Comment

Originally posted by lecroy View Post
      Nice looking part. I assume the spring is on the bottom and pushed the valve closed. Vacuum hookup seems to close the valve too? Seems backwards to me.

Ah, your bike was also a death trap Skip. If your bike and you are 720 LBs compared to my 730 and your 200HP compared to my 170ish? and you ran a 9.97 @149.7 compared to my 8.5s 150s, I would expect you to fly into outer space with tire, chassis, bar and clutch. Seems you had way more power than you could use with that thing. Will be interested in hearing how the blower bike handles with that same amount of power.
      That tiny brass pipe is for venting hose , not for vacuum . Vacuum hose is connected on the top of the "spring housing" . Valve works fine , when I tested it in the workshop .

One or two month and then I can take first road tests .

Comment

Ah, that makes sense. I see that its a hose connection now in that first picture. I was thinking that it was an adjustment for the spring.

Dear Mr. Blower. I have found your long lost brother.
        Installed my supercharger today! Normally Aspirated with bolt-on Forced Induction Powertrain
        Last edited by Guest; 02-27-2008, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Hey Blower

It's been a while since your last report. I trust things are going well.
          How's progress with the 1150 project? Have you been able to sort out the electronics and trial that new valve yet yet?
          :) The road to hell is paved with good intentions......................................

GS 850GN JE 894 10.5-1 pistons, Barnett Clutch, C-W 4-1, B-B MPD Ignition, Progressive suspension, Sport Demons. Sold
          GS 850GT JE 1023 11-1 pistons. Sold
          GS1150ES3 stock, V&H 4-1. Sold
          GS1100GD, future resto project. Sold

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s...s/P1000001.jpg
          http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s...s/P1000581.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by 49er View Post
            It's been a while since your last report. I trust things are going well.
            How's progress with the 1150 project? Have you been able to sort out the electronics and trial that new valve yet yet?
            The last month I haven´t had any time for my project , but in next week I´m going
            to install the bypass valve .
            Few months ago I bought from ebay a "new" billet clutch basket , which I´m going to
            install ( anybody needs oem efe clutch basket with new APE back plate and springs ? ) .
            Then there are some other small things to do before first test ride .

I let you know , when I have some progress .

Comment

Now I have installed the bypass valve , changed the clutch basket and modified efi trigger wheel . I took one more teeth away from the trigger wheel ( it´s now 8-2 ) . It should help ignition timing when starting the engine .

Support bearing/hall-pick up + trigger wheel/crankshaf extension

Bypass

Last edited by Blower; 04-19-2008, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Did you ever try to run with the by-pass?

Comment

Did you ever try to run with the by-pass?
                  I did first test ride´s yesterday . Bypass helps a little to get idle better .
                  I made some adjustments to ignition and fuel maps and get engine idle 2000 1/min .
                  Then I think to get it better and it went worse , but now I know what to do get it better .
                  Suspension , brakes and whole bike feels good , but air/fuel ratio needs some adjustments . It get´s too much fuel . When I twist the throttle it allmost stops and then with heavy black smoke it starts to go ( and it goes ! ) .
                  Boost come´s immediatly ( 7 psi ) when I twist a throttle more and the supercharger sounds good when it´s making boost .
                  Few hundred miles more testride and adjusting and then to the dyno .

Comment

Glad to hear you can ride it!! Now find a camera and post some video for us!!

Comment

Glad to hear you can ride it!! Now find a camera and post some video for us!!
                      Video clip I take had sh...t audio , so I´m going to take new one later .
                      Here are some pics of "nearly finished product" . Rear end needs some cosmetic modifications .

Comment

gday mate, awesome, what a weapon,cant wait to see and hear the video, regards.

Comment

Wow. That's true beauty right there man!

Comment

Originally posted by Blower View Post
                            Video clip I take had sh...t audio , so I´m going to take new one later .
                            Here are some pics of "nearly finished product" . Rear end needs some cosmetic modifications .
                            Looks real nice. Glad you redid the mount for the intake. Real top notch!! I would do something other than black to set off the motor but thats me. Can't wait to hear and see this thing run!

Comment

Great looking bike, well done. I'm also looking forward to hearing it run and getting your feedback on its handling.
                              :) The road to hell is paved with good intentions......................................

GS 850GN JE 894 10.5-1 pistons, Barnett Clutch, C-W 4-1, B-B MPD Ignition, Progressive suspension, Sport Demons. Sold
                              GS 850GT JE 1023 11-1 pistons. Sold
                              GS1150ES3 stock, V&H 4-1. Sold
                              GS1100GD, future resto project. Sold

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s...s/P1000001.jpg
                              http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s...s/P1000581.jpg

Comment

Blower,
                                Your bike - obviously - completely rules. Impressive! Could you tell me what the swing-arm is off of? Thanks, and again fantastic bike!
                                -KR

Comment

Working...
                                X