Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bad Kaw View Post
    Blower,
    Your bike - obviously - completely rules. Impressive! Could you tell me what the swing-arm is off of? Thanks, and again fantastic bike!
    -KR

Thank you for your comments !
    The swingarm is from 2003 GSXR 1000 and it´s extended 6" .

Comment

Ah, thanks for the info. Was the fitment at the swing-arm pivot a problem or not? Again, sorry to bug you about this, but I've got a project that your info would really be helpful with.
      -KR

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Kaw View Post
        Ah, thanks for the info. Was the fitment at the swing-arm pivot a problem or not? Again, sorry to bug you about this, but I've got a project that your info would really be helpful with.
        -KR

It was not a big problem . GSXR swingarm was 5mm narrower than EFE frame . I made a special washers to the GSXR swingarm and sleeves to the EFE pivot bolt .
        Bigger problem was EFE lower rear frame . Gixxer swingarm is wider than EFE´s and contact´s to the frame and footpegs

Comment

Oh. That's good to know. Thanks!
          -KR

Comment

How's progress?

Hey Blower, how's progresss?

It's been a couple of months since your last report. Have you been able to get that idle down and the throttle response as you want it?
            Are you still persevering with the stock cams?
            I guess your roads will be ice free by now!
            We are in mid winter here, but I still managed to get a ride in today.
            :) The road to hell is paved with good intentions......................................

GS 850GN JE 894 10.5-1 pistons, Barnett Clutch, C-W 4-1, B-B MPD Ignition, Progressive suspension, Sport Demons. Sold
            GS 850GT JE 1023 11-1 pistons. Sold
            GS1150ES3 stock, V&H 4-1. Sold
            GS1100GD, future resto project. Sold

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s...s/P1000001.jpg
            http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s...s/P1000581.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by 49er View Post
              Hey Blower, how's progresss?

It's been a couple of months since your last report. Have you been able to get that idle down and the throttle response as you want it?
              Are you still persevering with the stock cams?
              I guess your roads will be ice free by now!
              We are in mid winter here, but I still managed to get a ride in today.
              We are in the middle of the summer right now here in Finland .
              I get it to idle good enough and the throttle response is awesome !
              I got those same stock cams .
              The clutch had some slipping problems , but after oil and friction discs change the clutch was ok again .

Today EF was in the dyno and after that in the registration office . Now I got all its modifications in the registration paper .
              The dyno result was quite low , only 132 hp in the rear wheel after fourth dyno run when the a/f ratio was 12.6 .
              Torque was better , ower 100 Nm between 3100 and 9000 r/min and max 121 Nm in 6800 r/min .

Comment

Originally posted by Blower View Post
                We are in the middle of the summer right now here in Finland .
                I get it to idle good enough and the throttle response is awesome !
                I got those same stock cams .
                The clutch had some slipping problems , but after oil and friction discs change the clutch was ok again .

Today EF was in the dyno and after that in the registration office . Now I got all its modifications in the registration paper .
                The dyno result was quite low , only 132 hp in the rear wheel after fourth dyno run when the a/f ratio was 12.6 .
                Torque was better , ower 100 Nm between 3100 and 9000 r/min and max 121 Nm in 6800 r/min .
                Did you set it up to keep the HP figure low for registration purposes? What was your max boost set at? Once the figures are recorded against the registration, what are the consequences of getting caught increasing it's output?
                Our government hasn't fully embraced these measures yet.

That AFR figure is a bit low for ideal torque and HP. I got my best results for both on the 850 when the AFR was at 13.4. Max torque at 6700 and HP at 9000 rpm.
                :) The road to hell is paved with good intentions......................................

GS 850GN JE 894 10.5-1 pistons, Barnett Clutch, C-W 4-1, B-B MPD Ignition, Progressive suspension, Sport Demons. Sold

Comment

I got my best results for both on the 850 when the AFR was at 13.4. Max torque at 6700 and HP at 9000 rpm.
                  Who has a dyno in Hawkes Bay these days?
                  I remember someone got one not long before I left but I think he was struggling to get enough work coming in so he went off and worked as a Mechanical engineer?!
                  That was what he studied to become but I think his dream was obviously to have a High Performance bike tuning shop.

We had a great guy here in Christchurch.
                  He'd worked for Kenny Roberts and after a few years returned to NZ to setup a shop.
                  After running the business for a couple of years he went the whole 9 yards and built a purpose built dyno room and got a 'better than the standard model' dynojet dyno with all the extras but even though he worked all the hours god gave he ended up selling up and working on Fords.

Comment

Did you set it up to keep the HP figure low for registration purposes? What was your max boost set at? Once the figures are recorded against the registration, what are the consequences of getting caught increasing it's output?
                    Our government hasn't fully embraced these measures yet.

That AFR figure is a bit low for ideal torque and HP. I got my best results for both on the 850 when the AFR was at 13.4. Max torque at 6700 and HP at 9000 rpm.
                    I try to get max out from my bike . I think no one does not controll hp numbers after registration . Here in Finland you can take max 20% more hp after turbo- or supercharging .
                    I´m going to take the bike to the dyno again , when I have time .
                    I wait about 20 hp more from rear wheel .
                    Max boost was 0.4 bar and ignition was set at 27 degr. in max boost .
                    If I adjust afr a bit leaner and ignition timing to 29 - 30 degr , it should make a bigger hp .
                    I run my bike with 98 oct. fuel .

Comment

Originally posted by Silvermachine81 View Post
                      Who has a dyno in Hawkes Bay these days?
                      I remember someone got one not long before I left but I think he was struggling to get enough work coming in so he went off and worked as a Mechanical engineer?!
                      That was what he studied to become but I think his dream was obviously to have a High Performance bike tuning shop.

We had a great guy here in Christchurch.
                      He'd worked for Kenny Roberts and after a few years returned to NZ to setup a shop.
                      After running the business for a couple of years he went the whole 9 yards and built a purpose built dyno room and got a 'better than the standard model' dynojet dyno with all the extras but even though he worked all the hours god gave he ended up selling up and working on Fords.
                      There is a company in the Onekawa Industrial area called Pro Cycles who have a purpose built dyno room. They run a modern Dynojet machine. Their core business is selling and servicing Harleys and Triumphs. The owner (Nigel) did look sideways when I presented the 850. He asked a lot of questions on the bikes service/modification history before he would agree to put it on his machine. He wouldn't be responsible if the "old engine blew up"!!

We warmed it up and then commenced the dyno session. He checked the AFR's progresively from 3000 - 8000 rpm with no load, then did the runs in 4th gear and with a 20% load. I told him I was happy to have him run it up to 10,000 rpm, which he did.

After the first run, he shook his head and said how the AFR's were ideal, especially as the bike hadn't been near a dyno previously.

The AFR dipped to 12.9 from 9000 - 10000 rpm. I have since fitted a reed valve system that has improved torque in the 8000 -10000 area. The reeds are solely used to control the increase of air to the carbs at the top end.

I need to re-dyno it now to confirm my "seat of the pants" impressions.

Comment

I try to get max out from my bike . I think no one does not controll hp numbers after registration . Here in Finland you can take max 20% more hp after turbo- or supercharging .
                        I´m going to take the bike to the dyno again , when I have time .
                        I wait about 20 hp more from rear wheel .
                        Max boost was 0.4 bar and ignition was set at 27 degr. in max boost .
                        If I adjust afr a bit leaner and ignition timing to 29 - 30 degr , it should make a bigger hp .
                        I run my bike with 98 oct. fuel .
                        Not sure what the max ignition advance your TSCC engine will endure. I also run 98 octane in the 850 at 10.5-1 (185 psi) and run 39 deg total advance, 2 deg above stock.

I would be careful not to lean off more than 13.5 AFR with your setup. If you get too lean, you'll do some serious damage. The dynojet graphs show the ideal line at 13 AFR.

Comment

Have been try to adjust the efi below 2000 r/min , but it seems to be impossible to get it good .
                          I need to move the throttlebody as close as possible to the plenum ( need a smaller throttlebody , about 1.45" - 1.9" in diam. ) .
                          Now there is too big air volume between throttlebody and engine . Air starts to "pump" inside the whole inlet system below 2000 r/min .

Comment

Have been try to adjust the efi below 2000 r/min , but it seems to be impossible to get it good .
                            I need to move the throttlebody as close as possible to the plenum ( need a smaller throttlebody , about 1.45" - 1.9" in diam. ) .
                            Now there is too big air volume between throttlebody and engine . Air starts to "pump" inside the whole inlet system below 2000 r/min .
                            Are you sure that the "pumping" at lower rpms isn't being caused by the amount of overlap between the valves?

Comment

Are you sure that the "pumping" at lower rpms isn't being caused by the amount of overlap between the valves?
                              I´m quite sure . I have talking with Arttu , who made my Megasquirt . He also thinks that it´s caused by too big intake system volume after throttle body .
                              I controll the cams few hundred miles ago and there was 4 degrees less overlap than the Suzuki manual says . When I built the engine i put the intake cam 2 degr. retarded and the exhaust cam 2 degr. advanced .

Comment

I´m quite sure . I have talking with Arttu , who made my Megasquirt . He also thinks that it´s caused by too big intake system volume after throttle body .
                                I controll the cams few hundred miles ago and there was 4 degrees less overlap than the Suzuki manual says . When I built the engine i put the intake cam 2 degr. retarded and the exhaust cam 2 degr. advanced .
                                Ok, those changes will help. Looks like the intake volume may be the cause then.

Comment

Working...
                                X