1150 EF updating project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blower View Post
    Get engine running yesterday first time after modifications.
    The valve gear is bit more noisier than before (APE valve springs an Yoshi stage 1 cams).
    The cams are now installed with 110,5 LSA, intake center line 113 and exhaust 108.
    Has torque and HP improved as you expected? Besides the increase in exhaust lift, your overlap has been reduced by 20 deg over stock 1150 specs.
    Last edited by 49er; 03-20-2009, 01:13 AM. Reason: Corrected overlap figure.
    :) The road to hell is paved with good intentions......................................

GS 850GN JE 894 10.5-1 pistons, Barnett Clutch, C-W 4-1, B-B MPD Ignition, Progressive suspension, Sport Demons. Sold
    GS 850GT JE 1023 11-1 pistons. Sold
    GS1150ES3 stock, V&H 4-1. Sold
    GS1100GD, future resto project. Sold

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s...s/P1000001.jpg
    http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s...s/P1000581.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by 49er View Post
      Has torque and HP improved as you expected? Besides the increase in exhaust lift, your overlap has been reduced by 20 deg over stock 1150 specs.
      Iīneed to wait at least one month for the first road test ( w&w= winter and work ) and then I need to fine tune the efi after modifications.
      I bought a Innovate LC-1 wideband lambda kit , which should make efi tuning easier and more accurate.
      Then after efi tuning and some miles on the road Iīm going to take the bike in the dyno.

Comment

I was just thinking about this bike yesterday.
        What an incredible project.

Comment

Iīneed to wait at least one month for the first road test ( w&w= winter and work ) and then I need to fine tune the efi after modifications.
          I bought a Innovate LC-1 wideband lambda kit , which should make efi tuning easier and more accurate.
          Then after efi tuning and some miles on the road Iīm going to take the bike in the dyno.
          You're waiting on ice free roads, while we have winter to look forward to in a couple of months.

The "Innovate LC1" appears to be "just the bees knees" for AFR digital tuning. Reliable calibration can sometimes to be an issue.

Once sorted, this should make fine tuning your EFI so much easier. Their price is pretty good too, for such advanced technology!
          :) The road to hell is paved with good intentions......................................

GS 850GN JE 894 10.5-1 pistons, Barnett Clutch, C-W 4-1, B-B MPD Ignition, Progressive suspension, Sport Demons. Sold

Comment

THAT BIKE IS SICK!!!!! Thank you for inspiring us to "the sky's the limit" mods for the famous GS!!!

Comment

I second the SICKNESS!! WOW! superb!

Comment

Wow, that is a radical set-up, but too fast and time-consuming for me.
                Good luck on your project with many enjoyable pleasures and returns.

Comment

Wow, that is a radical set-up, but too fast and time-consuming for me.
                  Good luck on your project with many enjoyable pleasures and returns.
                  Ken,

Time consuming? That is an understatement . I would need about 100 years of autoshop to take something like that on .

Blower, I think you had an earlier video showing startup. Is that stil lavaliable or have you updated it yet?

Very nice work .

Pos

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                    Ken,

Time consuming? That is an understatement . I would need about 100 years of autoshop to take something like that on .

Blower, I think you had an earlier video showing startup. Is that stil lavaliable or have you updated it yet?

Very nice work .

Pos
                    I take one videoclip, but the sound was sh...t. I try to take new, when Iīm next time in
                    the garage.

Comment

First runs made. I have the Innovate LC-1 installed and it helps a lot of a tuning efi.
                      Firs it was too rich, but now itīs A/F ratio is 13 - 13.8 in a highway riding.
                      Under boost it is 11.5 -12.5.
                      It does not run smoothly under 2500 1/min and I found one injector is leaking.
                      Now I need to found one Bosch injector 0280150200.

Few hundred kilometers more and itīs time to change oil and filter, install a lock up clutch and rise the boost.

Comment

First runs made. I have the Innovate LC-1 installed and it helps a lot of a tuning efi.
                        Firs it was too rich, but now itīs A/F ratio is 13 - 13.8 in a highway riding.
                        Under boost it is 11.5 -12.5.
                        It does not run smoothly under 2500 1/min and I found one injector is leaking.
                        Now I need to found one Bosch injector 0280150200.

Few hundred kilometers more and itīs time to change oil and filter, install a lock up clutch and rise the boost.
                        Glade you're enjoying your Innovation LC-1.
                        Your AFR's are pretty good now. IMO, your boost range should be aimed closer to the 12.5 area.
                        I doubt that you'll improve your low end smoothness much below 2000 rpm.
                        How did the mod to your blower work out? Can you tell if there is a noticeable improvement in top end performance?
                        Bad luck about the leaking injector.

Comment

Originally posted by 49er View Post
                          Glade you're enjoying your Innovation LC-1.
                          Your AFR's are pretty good now. IMO, your boost range should be aimed closer to the 12.5 area.
                          I doubt that you'll improve your low end smoothness much below 2000 rpm.
                          How did the mod to your blower work out? Can you tell if there is a noticeable improvement in top end performance?
                          Bad luck about the leaking injector.
                          I dont know about top end performace, because the engine have break in going on.
                          But it feels more powerful than before.
                          Iīm going to make some data log rides, when I have time. Then I can tell if the blower mods helps.
                          Low end rideability is now better than before.

Comment

I chage a head light to the KTM Superduke headlight. I made the head light fairing from aluminium sheet. Itīs not a perfect, but good enough.

Comment

I really like this bike... Awesome work!

Comment

Hey Blower, that's one unique, fine looking bike. Definately a credit to your creativity and fabrication skills. It sounds like it's about to reach its full tuning potential. Well done.

Comment

Working...
                                X