No announcement yet.

1150 EF updating project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't realise that the MR2 link is no longer active. That's a shame, as there was some good info on that site. I thought that I had saved that info, but somehow I overlooked doing that.
    Here is the information on the cams saved to a text file. If you would like to look at it, here is the link

Last edited by Guest; 11-01-2010, 05:33 AM.

Comment

Today I installed the throttle body/bov and made a new pressure pipe from sc to tb.
      It´s made fro aluminum.

Here is a video from testing the bike in the garage. It was too cold to go to test ride.

Comment

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

Comment

Sounds like she's clean running now Blower. Great response, should be good under load.
          :) The road to hell is paved with good intentions......................................

GS 850GN JE 894 10.5-1 pistons, Barnett Clutch, C-W 4-1, B-B MPD Ignition, Progressive suspension, Sport Demons. Sold
          GS 850GT JE 1023 11-1 pistons. Sold
          GS1150ES3 stock, V&H 4-1. Sold
          GS1100GD, future resto project. Sold

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s...s/P1000001.jpg
          http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s...s/P1000581.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by 49er View Post
            Sounds like she's clean running now Blower. Great response, should be good under load.
            I made a little test ride, but it was too cold (+3 C). It made burouts every time I try to accelerate a bit harder ( dry street, no ice ). Now I need to wait next summer to made more tests.
            Anyway she´s good under load.

Comment

I start to make a new exhaust. It´s going to be a 4 to 1 sidewinder type exhaust.

After two days of fitting, cutting and welding the exhaust looks like this:

I´ve got an old unused Micron GSXR 750 headers (OD 1 1/2"), which I use to the first 11" of each header.
              Rest of the each header are OD 1 3/4" pipe.
              Next thing is to continue making the collector pipe and some kind of muffler.
              Then painting and testing the sound. Can´t go to test ride, because it´s winter and there are the fuc***g snow ewerywhere on the roads.

Comment

I never cease to be impressed with your work ... so impressive!

Regards,

Comment

absolute beauty

Comment

dude, when you get done with this thing, I DEMAND TO SEE DYNO FIGURES! insane minds demand to know, for we know insane friends with far too much time an money, and one of these 1150's.

Comment

Originally posted by bobthebiker88 View Post
                      dude, when you get done with this thing, I DEMAND TO SEE DYNO FIGURES! insane minds demand to know, for we know insane friends with far too much time an money, and one of these 1150's.
                      I´m going to dyno my bike, but need to wait at least about 5 months. Here in Finland is winter now and I need to tune my bike after exhaust change (on the road).

I get my home made sidewinder exhaust finished.
                      Is there any sealant to put in the header/head connection, which holds temperatures without burning away?
                      Silicone sealant holds only +250 C.

In the end there is a modified Termignone muffler.
                      It has a conical core inside ( from 2 1/2" to 2").

Comment

More!!!!!!!!

Comment

Im Scared just looking at it..... Sweet.....

Comment

I kind of like the oem fuel tank, but its too wide near to the seat.
                            Thats why I think to modify it.

First I take the paint off and cut away the sides:

Then I made the new part for the right side:

And then the other side:

Allmost like original, but about 2" narrower:

Comment

How well will the welds prevent leaks?
                              Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                              1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                              2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                              Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                              and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                                How well will the welds prevent leaks?
                                Tank in the pics was only tack welded. It´s now TIG-welded and leak tested.
                                If welds are good they prevent leaks as well as factory welds.

Comment

Working...
                                X