Pro stock pipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pro stock pipe

I know this was brought up before,but cant find it in old threads.Which V&H pro stock pipe will fit a stock chassis GS 1100.One is the Kosman type other is the Trac chassis.Oh ya,does Vance & Hines make these for Suzuki's anymore ?I know the Kaw one is still listed with Pingel.thanks, Steve

Try here. They are listed on the second page. They have pro drag and street systems. http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produc...d=4&store=Main
    Last edited by Guest; 07-01-2006, 10:03 AM.

Comment

pro stock pipe

Dennis Kirk doesnt list the pro stock pipe,the pro pipe and the "pco" pipe are readily available thru most parts distributors.The pro stock has the spaghetti header that coils infront of the engine.I found them at Orient Express,but not sure which one will work on stock chassis.
      Last edited by Guest; 07-02-2006, 12:36 PM.

Comment

The Vance & Hines street version drag pipe will work with a stock chassis. You may have clearance issues at the front fender and the rear brake pedal may have to be modified. The all out race pipe will hit the front fender and need work at the rear brake pedal. Both pipes will require you make a rear hanger.
        EULC ON

Comment

pro stock pipe

Ive used the pro and pco pipes on a bunch of GS's,all have 17" GSXR front wheels so the clearance problem is a non issue.Also the stock pegs,brake assembly,and shifter arrangement get tossed.Two of the origional peg bracket holes are perfect for drag pegs,and the rear pipe mount just needs an offset bracket and spacer to bolt up to another existing hole.I found the thread I was looking for on DB website,apparently either the Trac or Kosman will work on stock GS chassis and because of the spider headpipe actually give more room between front wheel than the other style pipes...RR

Comment

I had both pipes on my 1150 with stock pegs and just bent the rear brake lever to clear. Also had to cut away some of the front fender. My bike was lowered quite a bit...The picture is after I raked the frame about 6 degrees if I recall correctly.

Heres one with the "street" pipe...

Last edited by gsbill; 07-02-2006, 05:43 PM.
            EULC ON

Comment

nice bike,and you parted with it,why?did you tap the nitrous nozzles into the intake spigots or are they thru the rubber boot?I had a flawless 85 red/black that I should have saved.That hard to see avatar is what the 83 looked like two years ago,Im building a fresh engine and upgrading the nos system with showerheads,braided feed lines and nozzles in the head. thanks,RR
              Last edited by Guest; 07-02-2006, 11:45 PM.

Comment

The nozzles were in the head..I had a string of injuries and surgeries. Didnt work for nearly 2 years. Needed the cash. Sold the bike among other neat stuff I had. Both the cash and the bike are gone and I'm still having surgeries. Having another one July 5th!
                EULC ON

Comment

man,sorry to hear that.hope all goes well for you.thanks, Steve

Comment

Yeah GSB, Sorry to hear about all the surgeries, Hopefully You won't have to have anymore after the 5th.

Originally posted by gsbill
                    The nozzles were in the head..I had a string of injuries and surgeries. Didnt work for nearly 2 years. Needed the cash. Sold the bike among other neat stuff I had. Both the cash and the bike are gone and I'm still having surgeries. Having another one July 5th!

Comment

Originally posted by JokerCPoC
                      Yeah GSB, Sorry to hear about all the surgeries, Hopefully You won't have to have anymore after the 5th.

I'll be alright..Just mechanical failures..Little tune up! Thanks
                      EULC ON

Comment

star racing plug

Check out Star Racing. I bought a full system recently (for another bike) that was practically the price of a slip on at other places. It arrived to my door in record time, too.

Comment

Working...
                        X