No announcement yet.

gsxr carb confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Katman, I have a GS750, but my 41mm flat Keihin's are on my heavy modded 1992 FZR 1040(w/ short/not long velocity stacks) They are simply the best carbs. The whole buy a new accelorator pump thing is only a upgrade for those of us who don't want to adjust the stock one. You don't need it. I'll get it one day but not in a rush. The Keihins look so good and everyone loves the chatter they make (kind of like a Ducati valve sound). They sound like a blower is on the bike when you get on it and I don't run filters, I have a semi sealed area-with filters in the factory ram air ducts. If there is anyway you can get some cust. manifold made (my FZR has an aluminum set from the first owner) you won't be dissapointed. This carb produces so much power that my FZR (w/ 1040 kit, OWO1 V&H race team only cams, carrilo rods, flowed head, 5 ang valve job, Keihin 41s, Marchesini magged FZR)will run up to 100 with a Busa.

Comment

Confused by this thread :?

Carb spacing for oil & air cooled suzuki's is exactly the same ! intake rubber sizes vary obviously but thats it ! just to test the theroy i stuck my 80 gsx carbs on my 06 650 bandit engine last nite, tight but they went straight in

i must respectfully say that if anyone cannot get gsxr or bandit carbs to run a gs gsx or ef its down to the person doing it not the carbs, never ever have i had a problem with the swap all thats needed is bit of patience :-|

Comment

Originally posted by tone View Post
        Confused by this thread :?

Carb spacing for oil & air cooled suzuki's is exactly the same ! intake rubber sizes vary obviously but thats it ! just to test the theroy i stuck my 80 gsx carbs on my 06 650 bandit engine last nite, tight but they went straight in

i must respectfully say that if anyone cannot get gsxr or bandit carbs to run a gs gsx or ef its down to the person doing it not the carbs, never ever have i had a problem with the swap all thats needed is bit of patience :-|
        Yeh Tone,

A little tid bit I picked up from Keihin last yr. They are not spaced exactly as stock. They are made off to fit many applications and that is why they can be a little harder to mount. Where the stock suzuki carbs fit the keihins don't exactly.
        Last edited by katman; 04-18-2008, 03:55 AM.
        KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

Working...
        X