Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gsxr carb confusion

I need a clarification dudes.

which if any gsxr carbs are a direct bolt on for a gs?? I am told by some there are no bolt ups and by others they do.

I am looking for early 90 or late 80's gsxr's. I am looking for a match for some keihin carbs. they don't make gs1100's anymore but do for gixxer so if they bolt up ......you see my point.

One of the dealers told me the gixxer carbs have a diff spread and won't fit. Remember I need side draft so late 80's or early 90's.

thanks dudes....
    KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

carbs

i have 92 gsxr carbs 36 mm in gs 1100 ruber manifolds with k&n filter pods ...you can also use radeator hose as manifolds if needed i through out my 1100 carbs to old and only 34s

Comment

Thanks Fatty,,,,,

and they were a direct bolt on? no fusssssssssss or adjusting the rack??
      KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

yup bolt on

spray boots wd40 slip on ...go for 36mm i have stage 3 kit but had to go to 52 jets i have pics on photobucket under 1261fatty all one word

Comment

Katman,

Not sure how much you are looking to spend, but not long ago, Kehien (sp?) was still making smoothbore CR specials. I bought some for my gs750. Got them from Sudco...made to order. I told them what size I wanted, and all they needed to know was the make and year of my bike...
          Mike

1982 GS1100EZ

Text messages with my youngest brother Daniel right after he was paralyzed:

Me: Hey Dan-O. Just wanted to say howdy & love ya!

Dan-O: Howdy and Love you too. Doing good, feeling good.

Me: Give 'em hell, Little Bro!

Dan-O: Roger that! :)

Comment

crs

yup there good toi gave my son an 81 gs1100 with crs they work well but filters are a pain

Comment

'85-'92 direct bolt on (750 and 1100), also Bandit 1200 all years since their engines are oil cooled GSXR derivatives. I also recall someone using RF900 carbs on this site.

Comment

Originally posted by katman
                I need a clarification dudes.

which if any gsxr carbs are a direct bolt on for a gs?? I am told by some there are no bolt ups and by others they do.

I am looking for early 90 or late 80's gsxr's. I am looking for a match for some keihin carbs. they don't make gs1100's anymore but do for gixxer so if they bolt up ......you see my point.

One of the dealers told me the gixxer carbs have a diff spread and won't fit. Remember I need side draft so late 80's or early 90's.

thanks dudes....
                I have several sets that I have already jetted for the GS that I'm gonna list soon. They give the ole' GS a kick in the butt but I found that its hard to get it low enough on the pilot so it runs just a tad rich on the bottom. Boy does it make a difference over the round slides though (-:

Comment

carbs

buy a set of 1992 gsxr 750 0r 1100 36 mm carbs they fit right on just turn manifolds 1/4 turn best fit if its got header and no air box put k&n filters it is a must you cant use stock air box just put stage 3 jet kit 1261fatty at photo bucket it ya wont to see the pics of the install

Comment

I have some 90 GSXR 11's on my bike. The idle adjustment screw is in the middle underneath. I had to shorten it because it was touching the cam chain tensioner. I also had to change the throttle cable to GSXR and shorten it abit. The end that fits into the handlebar housing is different, but managed to Mcgyver the cable to fit into the stock housing by slicing the plastic threaded end fitting into the bottom of the handlebar housing. I found there to be too much slack with the stock cable, no matter how I routed it.

I don't know what models have the side mounted idle adjustment screw, but that might be a way to avoid the bother of shortening the idle adjustment screw.
                    GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Thanks guys,,
                      I am looking for 39mm FCR's (flatslide) Keihin's for my bike. So it looks like if I get a set for a 92 gsxr or any yr bandit, they will bolt on with the same spacing as my 83 katana carbs??

I am running 33 smoothbores right now cuz I sold my 36mm rs flatslides
                      KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

GSXR carbs should bolt right up provided you're running pods and a jet kit.
                        GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Katman, the GSXR carbs from 1986 to 1992 all have the same spacing as the old GS's although they range from 34mm up to 40mm ID. From the Watercooled GSXR's WP/R/S etc the spacing is wider for the intake to accomodate the water jackets. You will probably find that the CR's will have adjustable racks to alter the widths anyway. Good luck.
                          Last edited by Guest; 07-05-2006, 12:03 AM.

Comment

I just want to be sure cuz after I layout the G-note I can't get it back if they don't fit.
                            Carter....jetting isn't an issue dude for fit. All I am after is the spacing fit so I can order some FCR's for a gixxer that will bolt on to my GS.

thanks guys.
                            KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Rob,
                              As long as they are off the air/oil cooled Gixxers or bikes that got their engine the port spacing will be the same on both the intake and exhaust side. '83 and up GS700/750 modles even share exhaust port diameter with the GSXR's.

Comment

Working...
                              X