Carb Help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb Help!!!

I am looking for anyone that has a 1980 or 81 1100 with a 1166 Kit and a Vance & Hines megaphone header. I am running the origanal air box with a K&N high flow filter and a stage 1 jet kit. I would like to know your Carb settings. I have the bike running great but it seams to have a flat spot at take off. My plugs are black with little to know carbon build up but they tend to stay a little wet. I belive I am running rich. The worst part of this post is that I am not real sure how to correct it.

The Beast

My 81 1100E had a similar setup, only I didn't have the 1166 kit. Otherwise same pipe, same filter, bigger Mikuni jets, so my settings may help? Anyway, I was running a Mikuni 125 main, 45 pilot, 160 air jet, float heights are set a little on the lean side at 5mm below gasket surface. Stock needles not shimmed. Ran nice like that, maybe a little lean as the pipe got older.
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Working...
    X