More Power for a GS 450 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Power for a GS 450 ?

Hi, I race a 1981 gs 450s on flat track with a side car here in Australia.
    Of course as you can guess i need more power but wish to keep in the same class.I considered a big bore kit and cams but nothing seems available. K and N filters pods are an option but no jet kit listing is available. There must be some go fast bits and pieces still around somewhere for me.
    At the moment all i have is a well designed 2 into 1 exhaust and polished ports and a standard electronic ignition system.
    Hoping to hear from someone, thanks.
    Regards Jack.............
    Last edited by Guest; 08-04-2006, 09:52 PM.

Hi JR, and welcome!

You could unleash some power by having the cam gears slotted so you can dial in the cams. Some flatslide carbs will give you a big boost too.

I don't know for sure, but I bet that anything that works in the GS500 will work for the 450 too. You could probably find almost any hop up item by searching for that. The GS500's are raced quite a bit here in the States.

I'm sure someone else will chime in here to say if that will work or not.

Comment

you only need 2 pistons, you may want to contact cosworth see if they can custom make you some pistons, it should be a lttle cheaper since you only need 2, plus i would research how much over bore other gs bike can go and then apply that to your bike.

-ryan
      78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
      82 Kat 1000 Project
      05 CRF450x
      10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

What is your maximum CC size for your class?

Comment

hi and thanks for the reply.
          im limited to 650 twin or 600 four cyl, but would like to run an engine with the same physical size as what i have. Maybe a 500 twin would give me the edge

Comment

Thanks for replying

Comment

GS500 pistons should fit in easily (450 and 500 share the exact same part no for connecting rods). You could either have yours bored or fit a 500 head.

I haven't done either, but a few on here have.

Comment

Working...
              X