Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1166 Mod

I'll post this in the proper area.
    Just bought a complete Wiseco 1166 kit for my 1100. (Caught my wife in a good mood) Saved $200 off the Wiseco site on Fleabay. My buddy did this to his 1100 but went with a 1150 head and cams. I want to go with a stock head with HD springs so I don't lose my tach. Any suggestions for cam brands with the tach gear with a .345 lift. I don't want to shorten rods or modify head except for the HD springs. I think my buddie is also going to sell me a set of GSXR carbs already jetted for this setup. I just need the pods. I have some serious butt to kiss!(my wifes) This is gonna be great.
    Hehehe do I smell a winter project:-)
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Grind #168

.348 Lift
    282° Duration

Strong mid range and top end for hot street or strip engines. Must use performance valve springs and retainers, hardwelded rocker arms, available separately. Oil bump must be removed from rockers. 70-112
    new cams $319.95

These are at Dynoman.net

I believe that they may have some with a little less lift that you may like better (-:

Comment

Kiss some serious butt!
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.

Comment

With these cams, make sure the pads on the rockers that contact the cam lobe are in excellent shape. If not, you will get excessive wear on both the rockers and the cam lobe due to the additional forces of the higher and faster lift of the cam.

Comment

I saw the 1150 drop in cams, but won't I lose my tack with these. What is the difference between the stock cams and the aftermarket 167 grind 310 lift duration?
          Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Hap Call
            With these cams, make sure the pads on the rockers that contact the cam lobe are in excellent shape. If not, you will get excessive wear on both the rockers and the cam lobe due to the additional forces of the higher and faster lift of the cam.
            Strong mid range and top end for hot street or strip engines. Must use performance valve springs and retainers,===> hardwelded rocker arms<===, available separately. Oil bump must be removed from rockers. 70-112

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366
              I saw the 1150 drop in cams, but won't I lose my tack with these. What is the difference between the stock cams and the aftermarket 167 grind 310 lift duration?
              Bill
              Just get the 168 grind. I ran 9.30's with those in the early 80's.

Comment

Originally posted by jgordon
                Strong mid range and top end for hot street or strip engines. Must use performance valve springs and retainers,===> hardwelded rocker arms<===, available separately. Oil bump must be removed from rockers. 70-112
                Yep, sorry about that, I overlooked that. =====>Looks like you covered it.<======

Comment

Working...
                X